K-8|Private

Bad
Good

I always tell other parents that you have to find a school that is like home. When you find that match, consider yourself blessed. We are so lucky to be here, but truly, you reap what you sow. We are involved in our children's education and love the chance to work with a great principal and teachers. We are very happy here!

I love our school. After ten years, it just gets better and better. We are diverse, academically strong, have strong morals, great teachers, an active and involved principal and a family environment. My three kids love their teachers and love going to school. The friends we have made are the best. No where could offer us more! Go Angels

I am a GRADUATE pt. 2) I never felt safe or at peace at this place. Bullying is horrible. At one time there was an anti bullying campaign where posters were out up wherever someone was bullies, but it was taken down when the school became coated in red posters. When I finally went to high school I was so relieved, I started talking more, I felt empowered, I stopped nervously biting my nails, and I stopped feeling bad about myself(many people made fun of me for my nationality.) Many people have written great reviews about this school, but they have usually only been their for a year or two. I am an inside voice speaking out about how this school really functions. I cannot say it is all bad, there used to be very intelligent kind teachers at this school, however they "resigned." Please, reconsider before you send your child to Holy Angels. Another good option is St. Rita's!(I have friends that went there and they all said it's truly like a family) I hope this has been helpful in any way

The principal is top notch and is constantly looking for areas of improvement. He has to be because his school exists in a public school system (Arcadia) that is highly competitive. I've watched graduates succeed and do very well in top-tier high schools (Loyola, FSHA, Mayfield, St. Francis etc.) Generally, my sense of the kids as they mature is that they're well-rounded, respectful, young Catholics who have a sense of what faith, community and service is all about. I don't see any (I'm sure there are some that I just don't know about) of entitled, self-righteous brats, which can be a concern at any private school.

Completing our families first year at Holy Angles, I could not have thought of a better school for my kids to attend. Mr. Carroll and the entire faculty are the best. The education and religious foundation provided by Holy Angels is exactly what my family expected from a Catholic School.

I wanted my child to go to a school that would teach manners. My decision was wrong. A middle school teacher said they had a credential but isn't even qualified to teach. The teacher is prejudiced and has the education level that's worse than a kid. She has no idea how to teach students and so my child lacked in a education. A middle school math teacher is unfair, skips important lessons, and gives insufficient time for tests and quizzes. He even gets mad when a student corrects his mistakes. Another teacher yells at students because he can. You get in trouble for putting a binder on the floor. He yells at the kids and says stuff like," You guys are as annoying as h*ll." So much for manners. The principal doesn't even care enough to handle the HUGE bullying problems at school. I would rate the elementary part good; but the middle school at Holy Angels isn't good.

Its hard to rate a school based on how well your child is doing..... This school has good marks and bad marks, but then again no school is perfect. My daughter has gone to catholic schools since kindergarten and I was once told there is a distinction between a private school and catholic school education. If catholic schools hold that distinct difference, then where is the religion when kids are still bullied at school, or the damage cliches do to a childs self worth? Maybe private school would be a better option

Did you know it has a Pre-Kindergarten Program! It is the longest running Catholic Pre-K in the San Gabriel Valley. The student to teacher ratio is fantastic!. Three teachers to 22 students. My children have loved waking up in the morning....it's wonderful to have my children all at the same place.

Best Catholic School Despite its high academic rankings, I was hesitant at first to send my son to Holy Angels because of the lack of clergy as teachers. Two years later, I can honestly say I made the right decision. The quality of the school resonates from the top down and there is no doubt that Christ is the center of education at all times. Principal Carroll is not only an excellent communicator, he's remarkably inspirational, and he leads by example. He starts everyday with prayers, pledge of allegiance, and his own personal words of wisdom and encouragement to the kids. My son's teachers have been well organized, disciplined, and competent. They are friendly and have always made themselves accessible to discuss whatever concerns or questions I had. And yes, they aren t afraid to show levity at times, which I appreciate far more than political correctness. They also aren t afraid to hold the kids responsible for wrong doings or laziness. Here s the bottom line as I see it if you want your children to experience the best academic education in a Christ-centered elementary school, can afford to do so, and are willing to do your part, you send them to Holy Angels.

The previously written reviews seem like someone with an axe to grind. My child scores in the 90th percentile as well, and the principal has shared the very high ITBS scores with the parents every year. Graduating students test beyond the 12 grade level in science, math and reading consistently. Area high schools constantly rate Holy Angels students as being extremely well prepared. The community is great. I am sorry for that individuals experiences at our great school!

Last modified Holy Angels Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8