No rating

Arcadia Montessori School

Private | K-1 | 21 students

Living in Arcadia

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $725,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,590.

Posted February 1, 2014

Arcadia Montessori is a great school. My son stared school at the age of two all the way to age five. He now attends public school. Academically my son is doing very well. He came into public school knowing so much. This Montessori school help his transition. The teachers at Arcadia Montessori are wonderful. The daycare staff is great. My son had so much fun at the after school program. The director is very friendly and welcoming. Best school ever. Thank you sincerely a very happy parent.

Posted May 7, 2013

This school is far and away the best school we found. After auditing many preschools for our son, we discovered this gem. The director and the instructors are all warm and personable, and truly care about the students. The curriculum is not rote memorization and television - the students actually learn in this environment. The lessons are ingeniously designed to stimulate the child intellectually - logic, reasoning, physics in addition to the "three R's". The environment is structured, and the children learn respect and courtesy which we have seen carry over into daily life. Our 3yr. old son loves to read, is fascinated by space and science in general, and his favorite play activity at home is "making projects" - not video games or TV. I couldn't be happier.

Posted May 5, 2013

This is an amazing school and I would highly recommend it. The staff and teachers are very responsible, caring, and work individually with each child to promote independence. The school is well run and the director works very hard to connect the student, family and school. After three years there, my child was very prepared when she entered kindergarten.

Posted April 14, 2013

AMS.is a great school. A real jewel in Arcadia. I had my both my daughter and son attending from 2 1/2 years old to kindergarten. All teachers were very engaged in their learning and prepared them exceptionally well for elementary school. The Montessori method is very effective in preparing independent students. The staff is very considerate and the principal extremely competent. I strongly recommend this school. My kids have very fond memories of their time there.

Posted April 4, 2013

The school looks idyllic, but if your kid is not willing to be a stepford kid it won't be a good fit. At least this was the case with the 3yo teacher who criticized my parenting on day 2. The only vibe I got from her was that she was extremely stressed and unhappy. The administration made excuses for the lack of compassion, but I don't know why they would have such a person working with children.

Posted December 13, 2012

Top ratings for this school and its administration--I am sure my son learned more here than he would have elsewhere. The warm nurturing environment coupled with top notch teaching, ancillary staff and facilities all were synergistic in maximizing the educational experience. When he transferred to public school, he was far ahead of his contemporaries. Kudos to this school!

Posted December 4, 2012

I am very impressed with all aspects of the school. The teachers are skilled educators and also very nurturing. The director is extremely knowledgeable on all aspects of the educational system. I feel completely comfortable leaving my daughter at school each morning, while knowing she is in the care of professional and competent people. Without hesitation I recommend Arcadia Montessori School. This truly is a great school.

Posted January 23, 2012

My children were well prepared for their new school. Both are at the top of his and her class. Excellent kindergarten program builds a strong foundation and instills love of learning. The teachers are nurturing and caring and take great care of the kids in all regards. I recommend this school without hesitation.

Posted December 7, 2011

Wow, I completely disagree with the negative review. This parent does not understand the Montessori method. Arcadia Montessori is an excellent school. The principal and teachers are amazing. This is a very well run school. I am a parent of 3 children that have attended this school for over 8 years. I, along with all of the parents that I have met, couldn't be happier with the school. My children have learned a lot academically as well as socially. and are taken care of very well.

Posted December 2, 2011

This is an excellent school. The staff is caring, responsible and great with children. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted March 2, 2011

Though principal and teachers exactly like a military system for kids.... They are very good first 2 weeks then they show themselves .....time out is the most important way for their education.....when i saw my 3 years old son behind of the window i felt so sad all of the kids look sad and board ...my son too.....its horrible system .....

Posted August 16, 2010

My child is very happy at this school. She is thriving because of her caring and professional teachers. I would recommend this school without hesitation.

Posted February 4, 2010

Excellent School. My kid feels love and care in here. Teachers are caring and involving. We love this school and really appreciate their teachers and the director put effort to build a good connection among student, parents and school. Highly Recommend.

Posted March 13, 2009

Excellent school! Safe environment, kind, loving teachers. My child has learned a lot and enjoys going to school! I can leave everyday, go to work, and know my child is well taken care of and is learning a lot and is happy!

Posted October 18, 2008

My child learnt a lot in this school! Kids are taught well,challenged to the right extent and good decipline is maintained .

Posted September 17, 2008

This is a great school. My daughter spent 3 wonderful years at this school. The teachers were extremely professional and created a nurturing environment. Most importantly, my little girl always had a smile going to and from school and was constantly challenged to do better and learn new things. Highly recommend without any reservations

Posted September 17, 2008

Wow, the nparent posting on Sept.5th, 2008 does not reflect my experiences at Arcadia Montessori School...The principal, Ms Roberts is caring and very involoved. My child is age appropriate in his writing and reading skills. I do spend time at home reinforcing what he loearns at school. May I suggest that parent may want to do the same.

Posted September 5, 2008

Biggest waste of money. I feel that my child not only lost a year there but also fell behind due to a lack of curriculum. She would have been chalenged more in a free public school. Please do your homework prior to wasting you money there.

• Mrs. Cheryl Roberts
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian
Associations
  • AMI

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1406 South Santa Anita Avenue