6-12|Private

Bad
Good

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

Didn't have the resources or ability to support students that learned differently.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Many of the students lack respect for their teachers. Only the students that have really bought into the organization have respect for at least some of the teachers.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

My teacher had graduated with an art degree, and half the time he went on crazy rants. He told us that we were in the middle of revelations which is the book of the bible on the end of the world. He also showed us a video of a girl who goes to hell and goes around getting tortured.

I wish I could give this zero stars, but that wasn't an option.

RHP is an outstanding school for those interested in academics, team work and moral/ethics. It is not just a school - extra curricular activities like athletics, school and class trips build character. My two children really enjoy school - and yes, they are very busy. I would much prefer my children stay active and involved as opposed to sitting in front of the xbox blowing up zombies all day. As a parent, I appreciate the support I receive from the school - the faculty, coaching and support staffs go above and beyond the call of duty to instill in my children morals and directions which I hope they will keep as they enter adulthood.

Rio is a great school that helps students achieve success in many different areas. There are many different opportunities in helping the child excel in many different areas, not just academics. Today many universities look at extracurricular activities as very important. Rio offers many different opportunities for this. They also uniquely offer a month long tour in the US or to Europe. My boys have attended these and they are amazing opportunities.

Rio Hondo Prep is a school where I feel my child is getting a very well-rounded education. He is engaged in a challenging academic curriculum with teachers that are not only preparing him for his future academically, but also socially and morally. I really appreciate what the staff - teachers, leaders, coaches at RHP are doing for my son. My son is busy and so am I, but I feel that the time is well-spent in preparing him for success in life and so am willing to make sacrifices of time in order to see that happen. My son is also willing to make these sacrifices because he loves the program, and so it works well for our family. Actually, I don't really see any of the busyness as a sacrifice, more as an investment in my child's future.

Rio Hondo Prep has been a great school for our 2 boys. They are offered advanced math classes to challenge them based on their abilities. The excellent teachers have creatively motivated them to read. They have had the opportunity to go on educational trips that we would have been unable to do on our own. They love being part of the sports teams where they are taught skills, perserverance and teamwork. The family atmosphere provides nurturing and encouragement. As working parents we appreciate all the RHP staff who do so much to help our children learn and develop. We are seeing our sons grow in knowledge and character.

We love it! My children are surrounded in a postive atmosphere that says we care and if you try you will succeed. We use to force our son to do his homework every night, but once he attended RHP he just did it and extra! He certainly learned his subjects but more importantly he has learned to fulfill responsibilities and that his own hard work are the key to success.

We love the safe, wholesome feeling of Rio where everyone belongs and plays an important part. We receive weekly grade reports via email and know our children are the best hands. Our daughter both played in a CIF championship game and passed multiple AP exams. Her teachers all gave her so much extra help when she needed it. I now know what it means "to Kare".

Last modified Rio Hondo Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12