Posted October 11, 2011
RHP is an outstanding school for those interested in academics, team work and moral/ethics. It is not just a school - extra curricular activities like athletics, school and class trips build character. My two children really enjoy school - and yes, they are very busy. I would much prefer my children stay active and involved as opposed to sitting in front of the xbox blowing up zombies all day. As a parent, I appreciate the support I receive from the school - the faculty, coaching and support staffs go above and beyond the call of duty to instill in my children morals and directions which I hope they will keep as they enter adulthood.

Rio Hondo Preparatory School 4

Posted July 21, 2011
Rio is a great school that helps students achieve success in many different areas. There are many different opportunities in helping the child excel in many different areas, not just academics. Today many universities look at extracurricular activities as very important. Rio offers many different opportunities for this. They also uniquely offer a month long tour in the US or to Europe. My boys have attended these and they are amazing opportunities.

Posted July 13, 2011
Rio Hondo Prep is a school where I feel my child is getting a very well-rounded education. He is engaged in a challenging academic curriculum with teachers that are not only preparing him for his future academically, but also socially and morally. I really appreciate what the staff - teachers, leaders, coaches at RHP are doing for my son. My son is busy and so am I, but I feel that the time is well-spent in preparing him for success in life and so am willing to make sacrifices of time in order to see that happen. My son is also willing to make these sacrifices because he loves the program, and so it works well for our family. Actually, I don't really see any of the busyness as a sacrifice, more as an investment in my child's future.

Posted July 12, 2011
Rio Hondo Prep has been a great school for our 2 boys. They are offered advanced math classes to challenge them based on their abilities. The excellent teachers have creatively motivated them to read. They have had the opportunity to go on educational trips that we would have been unable to do on our own. They love being part of the sports teams where they are taught skills, perserverance and teamwork. The family atmosphere provides nurturing and encouragement. As working parents we appreciate all the RHP staff who do so much to help our children learn and develop. We are seeing our sons grow in knowledge and character.

Posted July 12, 2011
We love it! My children are surrounded in a postive atmosphere that says we care and if you try you will succeed. We use to force our son to do his homework every night, but once he attended RHP he just did it and extra! He certainly learned his subjects but more importantly he has learned to fulfill responsibilities and that his own hard work are the key to success.

Posted July 12, 2011
We love the safe, wholesome feeling of Rio where everyone belongs and plays an important part. We receive weekly grade reports via email and know our children are the best hands. Our daughter both played in a CIF championship game and passed multiple AP exams. Her teachers all gave her so much extra help when she needed it. I now know what it means "to Kare".

Posted May 21, 2007

Posted May 10, 2007
- a former student
A great school with high academic standards, a plethora of extracurricular activities and solid student discipline. Despite competing against schools much larger the Kares always field great teams at the Jr. High, JV and Varsity levels. If your child is looking for a complete high school experience you couldn't make a better choice.

Rio Hondo Preparatory School 1

Posted May 02, 2007
This school will completely take over your child's life and a good portion of your own. If your child is an individual don't send them to this school.

Rio Hondo Preparatory School 1

Posted July 23, 2006
- a former student
I was part of RHP's Sports League, Kare Youth League from kindergarten untill 7th grade. I was also in The programs Elementary school, Pearl Prep. Rio Hondo/Pearl Is a great school if all you look at are the academics. I got the best education money could buy, and there were never any real discipline problems. However I would not recommend this program for anyone. Through out Elementary school I would get on a bus at 6am and my parents would pick me up sometime after 6pm and there were always hours of homework. I had absolutely no free time, and thats how RHP likes it. They want you 24/7 and it only gets worse as you get older. They don't encourage parental involvement and try to override parents descisions.

Rio Hondo Preparatory School
5150 Farna Avenue - P.O. Box 662080, Arcadia, CA  91066
Last modified Rio Hondo Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
Rio Hondo Preparatory School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top