Arcata, CA

Pacific Union Elementary School 3

Posted May 27, 2014
As much as I find PU charming, I find it terrifyingly lacking in technology! Many of my child's teachers tend to shy away from learning new skills. When are they going to join the modern age? Art and gardening is lovely, but there also needs to be up-to-date computing skills taught as well!

Pacific Union Elementary School 2

Posted March 21, 2014
"No child left behind," is not currently a well upheld standard here. This school focuses on academic competitiveness and does little to help students that need extra support. No child's cry for help should go unanswered, even if those cries are silent. It is a teacher's duty to be that child's voice; the child who's obviously struggling and can't ask for help. Gift to the children a fighting chance, instead of turning a blind eye.

Pacific Union Elementary School 5

Posted October 25, 2012
The staff at this school (principals, superintendent, most teachers) go above and beyond for the kids. They are strict but compassionate, and give a lot of individualized attention. For a larger public school is genuinely amazing. I keep my daughter in smaller charter schools for years thinking that would be the best possible environment, and learned that I was wrong, and wished she had been at this school from the beginning! She was struggling with academics, attitude, and other teenage problems and this school has completely turned her around most importantly with compassion and still allowing her to be herself. They have happily dedicated their lives to helping children and families and are practical and caring enough to succeed at it.

Pacific Union Elementary School

Posted September 16, 2009
Great school with great teachers!!!

Posted July 14, 2008
We have been to several schools in several states. This is by far my favorite. Great overall staff and family participation.

Posted October 31, 2003
I am impressed with PU for their firm yet gentle control over the kids. I enjoy being part of PU.

Posted September 09, 2003
My youngest daughter attended PU from 2nd grade to graduation of 8th grade. She could not have had a better public school education! I was an active parent as well as a certified teaching assistant at the school during that time. I think one of the most successful and influential aspects of the school at that time was the music program. Now my two oldest granddaughters attend PU. I am no longer able to participte in the activities as I have moved from the area. However, the music is still an asset to the school. The teaching staff has remained pretty much the same, my granddaughters having some of the same teachers my daughter had. We are pleased and happy to have our family 'raised' by the caring staff of Pacific Union School.

Pacific Union Elementary School
3001 Janes Road, Arcata, CA  95521
Last modified Pacific Union Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pacific Union Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top