Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Arleta High School 3

Posted June 09, 2016
Arleta High school its great school no doubt about it, but when it comes to the deans is a different story . If the students is a "C" average and up, this is the school for them. Heard a lot of bad comments from parents about the Deans, never put ears on it because never had a problem with them, until today when they didn't want my son to stay in school for been tardy, the dean scream at me , very rude,. Its okay to be strict but to scream at a parent it was just out off control.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted June 09, 2016
MS Duarte very nice, helps the student on how to succeed if they are below academic. Thanks for all the help.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted July 07, 2015
I barely got any homework, it was just reading a book. Teachers are extremely lazy

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted July 07, 2015
there's girls with their butts sticking out kissing their boyfriends in an extremely inappropriate way and the administration is just okay with it

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 07, 2015
They force students to read over break because the students academic level is extremely low.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted July 07, 2015
Teachers don't care, theyre only there for their paycheck. I've been called names multiple times and teachers were near and didn't say a single word until I mentioned that my parents will be coming to complain.

Posted August 11, 2014
Unlike other high schools in the valley you can't go wrong with Arleta high school. I am 2013 graduate and let me tell you that my experience here was wonderful. The teachers are amazing the school isn't so big like others. The students are even nice maybe it's because how the school is. Of course their are some bad students but compared to other schools in the valley. The time I was their I didn't see one wannabe gangster aka cholo. All I saw were skaters,football players,pretty boys aka posers. And girls I would have to say their was a little of everything. Some were actually motivated to succeed some were just thinking about boys or girls or how they look and being popular. "You get what I'm saying". I don't know how it is now but I'm only speaking from experience.

Posted November 07, 2013
I graduated from Arleta this year and I have to say that Arleta is probably the beat school in the valley right now .It's a small school but you don't need a big school to get a good education . The teachers at Arleta help you learn at your full potential. Some say the graduation portfolio is useless, but my portfolio actually helped me get my first job . Arleta High School is a great school ! :)

Posted October 04, 2013
I am a student at Arleta High School and I have to say that this school is really a good school. The teachers there help you with everything. If you don't understand something in the class, they take their time to make sure you understand the topic. Another reason why I like this school is because on Wednesday we dress up proffesionaly for extra credit. That is AWESOME! The teachers are nice. Mostly everyone is. My first year of High School, I went to Discovery Charter Prep High School and that school was so unproffesional. There were so many gangs. Many fights. And the teachers there don't even help you if you need help on something. If you are a parent and is looking for a GREAT school, I really recommend Arleta High School. And Arleta you don't have to waste your money on Uniforms every year. You can wear whatever you have in your closet.

Arleta High School 2

Posted September 09, 2013
This place sucks! Each student must create a folder and put all their achievements and certificates from 9th grade to 12th. If the student doesn't complete this task, he/she will not graduate and not receive his/her diploma. At the end of senior year, the student must make a presentation about his/her portfolio, they must also pass this task or else they do not receive his/her diploma. Once this portfolio is complete and your child does graduate, that portfolio is worth nothing, its trash. So all that work is just a ticket to the graduation train, I think thats too much! Just by a student passing his/her classes and passing the CAHSEE is enough!

14200 Van Nuys Boulevard, Arleta, CA  91331-5103
Last modified Arleta High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.