Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Arleta High school its great school no doubt about it, but when it comes to the deans is a different story . If the students is a "C" average and up, this is the school for them. Heard a lot of bad comments from parents about the Deans, never put ears on it because never had a problem with them, until today when they didn't want my son to stay in school for been tardy, the dean scream at me , very rude,. Its okay to be strict but to scream at a parent it was just out off control.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I barely got any homework, it was just reading a book. Teachers are extremely lazy

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They force students to read over break because the students academic level is extremely low.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Teachers don't care, theyre only there for their paycheck. I've been called names multiple times and teachers were near and didn't say a single word until I mentioned that my parents will be coming to complain.

Unlike other high schools in the valley you can't go wrong with Arleta high school. I am 2013 graduate and let me tell you that my experience here was wonderful. The teachers are amazing the school isn't so big like others. The students are even nice maybe it's because how the school is. Of course their are some bad students but compared to other schools in the valley. The time I was their I didn't see one wannabe gangster aka cholo. All I saw were skaters,football players,pretty boys aka posers. And girls I would have to say their was a little of everything. Some were actually motivated to succeed some were just thinking about boys or girls or how they look and being popular. "You get what I'm saying". I don't know how it is now but I'm only speaking from experience.

I graduated from Arleta this year and I have to say that Arleta is probably the beat school in the valley right now .It's a small school but you don't need a big school to get a good education . The teachers at Arleta help you learn at your full potential. Some say the graduation portfolio is useless, but my portfolio actually helped me get my first job . Arleta High School is a great school ! :)

I am a student at Arleta High School and I have to say that this school is really a good school. The teachers there help you with everything. If you don't understand something in the class, they take their time to make sure you understand the topic. Another reason why I like this school is because on Wednesday we dress up proffesionaly for extra credit. That is AWESOME! The teachers are nice. Mostly everyone is. My first year of High School, I went to Discovery Charter Prep High School and that school was so unproffesional. There were so many gangs. Many fights. And the teachers there don't even help you if you need help on something. If you are a parent and is looking for a GREAT school, I really recommend Arleta High School. And Arleta you don't have to waste your money on Uniforms every year. You can wear whatever you have in your closet.

This place sucks! Each student must create a folder and put all their achievements and certificates from 9th grade to 12th. If the student doesn't complete this task, he/she will not graduate and not receive his/her diploma. At the end of senior year, the student must make a presentation about his/her portfolio, they must also pass this task or else they do not receive his/her diploma. Once this portfolio is complete and your child does graduate, that portfolio is worth nothing, its trash. So all that work is just a ticket to the graduation train, I think thats too much! Just by a student passing his/her classes and passing the CAHSEE is enough!

I'm a student here at Arleta High School and it has helped me so much. I remembered that I was in a charter school for high school before Arleta and yes it was a good school but they don't give us students the support, challenges, & one-on-one time like Arleta High School does. I am really glad I chose to become an Arleta Mustang. All you concerned parents should really have your child or children go to Arleta. GO MUSTANGS!!!!!

I am an alum Class of 2013 from Arleta High School, and I could not imagine ever going to another school. Arleta taught me so much from being a good student to being a good person. The portfolio helped me in all ESLRs, the teachers helped me with everything. We dress professional every Tuesday and if you go on campus on Spirit Friday you will see Red Black and White worn proudly! The environment at Arleta is a very unique one, no one will bully you. On the contrary, there is always someone who will say hi. You can't go wrong with Arleta because no teacher wants to see you fail, they will always motivate you. As the saying goes, Once a Mustang, Always a Mustang! There is always a place where you belong, if it's in AP, Leadership, Yearbook, a sport or any other club, but that will never mean you are limited at Arleta. All faculty want to see you at your full potential. I am a proud Mustang.

Last modified Arleta High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.