Arleta, CA

Sharp Avenue Elementary School 2

Posted August 17, 2012
All I remember about this school is when I was in 1st or 2nd grade and Mr. Goldberg pinched my cheek and dragged me into the next class to show the teacher and the whole class that I had cut a few strands of my own hair with scissors they just passed out to us. It was 45 years ago and to this day if I ever saw Mr. Goldberg I would punch him in the head, multiple times. Other than that and the fact that it was full of wild kids it was OK.

Sharp Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted August 16, 2012
My daughter just started kindergarten, not sure if I like this school. I will give it a try.

Sharp Avenue Elementary School 2

Posted November 28, 2011
Ditto on the office staff. When I walk in the the office I have to address the staff, trying to make eye contact and get there attention is a task. My child attended a couple of years ago. I hope they have made changes since my daughter has left. The office staff is an idicator of the atmoshere for the entire school, its all about first impressions. My advise, how about setting an example for the kids.

Posted April 28, 2011
I agree with the comment regarding the office staff! They are rude and they're only nice when they want! The offfice needs a change of staff and principal as well!

Posted June 24, 2010
Office staff is horrible, they are not freindly, they are rude, seemed bothered by parents asking them any kind of questions. I attended Sharp Avenue Elementary in the 80's from k-6 and it is very upsetting to see how the people who make the first impression on parents and or visitors are bad mannered and rude. I remember how caring and loving the Office staff was to everyone when I attended there. SO SAD SAD SAD. Hope you Ladies are replaced SOON.

Sharp Avenue Elementary School 5

Posted October 17, 2009
The School is academically good. They do what they can with what is giving to them by the district. It is parents who don't participate, or help out at home to help their children improve their learning. There is 1 teacher for 24 students. They can only teach them so much. Besides, the district keeps adding more things for children to learn per grade. Making it tougher on the staff. Less teachers, more curriculum. So parents need to step it up and help at home. With reading, math, English. So the school is quite well run by the principal and teachers.

Posted October 09, 2009
not a good school. too many students. some teachers are great, though.

Sharp Avenue Elementary School 0

Posted June 29, 2009
Sharp is a great school . Parents are always welcome at Sharp .All three of my kids attended Sharp .

Sharp Avenue Elementary School 5

Posted May 03, 2009

Posted April 01, 2008
This school is the worst, I rather pay for prviate school then to deal with this public day care.

Sharp Avenue Elementary School
13800 Pierce Street, Arleta, CA  91331
Last modified Sharp Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sharp Avenue Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top