Arleta, CA

Posted April 29, 2014
Vena is the best public school in the Valley! It has a 9out of 10 rating and offers quality education for their students. The principal, teachers,coaches and school staffs work hard and provides not only good education but good values and discipline to the children. I am proud that my son attends Vena. More power!!!

Vena Avenue Elementary School 4

Posted May 29, 2012
WOW! I appreciate the racially diverse environment for my child and his peers. The staff is ALWAYS exceptionally friendly, helpful and go above and beyond what their "title" is. The principal has strong leadership skills, motivating and runs a tight ship, while mindfully recognizing each student, staff and teachers have different needs and great qualities to bring to the school. Our son has been in the Magnet program since 1st grade (back when 1st grade existed there in Magnet) and we have been pleased each year with his teacher and the curriculum that helps him reach his potential. There is a parent ran Board specifically for the Magnet families that work throughout the year fundraising for extra enrichment programs and field trips for the Magnet students. Magnet teachers work very hard and closely to support this parent ran Board. My ONLY wish for this school in general would be more parent involvement with fundraising and showing up for events. Vena Ave/Magnet could not make it any easier for the families to get involved...the parents have to make it a priority. The children are all very friendly and eager to learn!

Vena Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted May 19, 2012
I wish i could give this school a zero.It is racially diverse and the staff is bad.

Posted April 14, 2011
My daughter has been has been in the Magnet Program since 1st Grade. She has learned so much . The program has excellent teachers. The curriculum is challenging and extra academic programs are offered to enhance and challenge the students learning. The booster club uses their funds to purchase Quest for Science, First in Math and also field trips. I am pleased with the Principal and the office staff who make the school environment welcoming.

Posted April 14, 2011
We decided to remove our child from Balboa's waiting list and have her placed in Vena's magnet after meeting with the magnet coordinator and comparing reviews. We felt that Vena would be a more nurturing enviroment and there seems to be a strong sense of community. The teachers are warm, caring and the curriculum well structured. They engage in creative discussion and are encouraged to be individuals- even in our other daughters non-magnet kinder class. We are pleased with our decision, after all our children's self esteem is as important as their academic success and key to achieving such success. I would also like to mention that the office staff is always welcoming, friendly and supportive. This school is a hidden gem.

Posted October 02, 2010
I am very pleased with Vena Ave. Elementary School. I have 4 boys, my youngest is now a 5th grader at Vena Magnet. My 3 older boys have all attended the Magnet Program at Vena. I have one child in Middle School and the other 2 are now in college and are all doing extremely well due to the strong academic foundation that they received at Vena. Vena's teachers are outstanding educators that go beyond their duty. They ensure that their students have every opportunity to succeed. Furthermore, Vena has an excellent Magnet Coordinator that is very dedicated to the students needs. The Magnet Program also has a very dedicated booster club that raises money to fund education programs. In addition, Vena has a great principal. She is very devoted to the school, students and parents. The administration is also wonderful. I highly recomment this school....

Posted August 25, 2010
I recently inrolled my son in this school for this coming school year , and so far they have been very nice to us.They told me that they were going to put my son in the wayting list and wouldnt be able to know if he was actually going to be accepted untill sep but they only took 2 weeks i was ver happy to know he got in. Its so close to my job less then 5 min away.....

Posted June 24, 2010
I would like to say this school is Amazing! If you are thinking of sending your child to attend Vena Magnet you will not be disappointed! My daughter graduated from the 5th grade Magnet last week with honors and had a wonderful time. She was challenged every day and learned so much, from one of the best 5th grade teachers! (fyi they are all great) Ms. Lew the Magnet Coordinator is exceptional! She is always there for you to answer any of your questions in a prompt & efficient manner. She is dedicated to the students, parents and extremely involved in the school. I appreciate everything she has done. The staff is superb, the teachers are great educators and role models to the children! This is the school to bring your child!

Posted June 03, 2010
This is a gem of a school!!! My daughter is just finishing up her first year here in the magnet program and we couldn't be happier. Vena has very strong academic and arts programs. Everyone is friendly, dedicated, and on top of things; office staff, nurse, teachers, and administration alike. I really can't say enough about her teacher. She has a very dynamic, well rounded teaching style which challenges the students while keeping them very interested in learning. My daughter has grown as a student and really loves being at this school. Additionally, we have a very involved parent booster club. Solid education, well rounded enrichment programs, dedicated people; I highly recommend the Vena Magnet program!

Posted June 03, 2010
Sending my daughter to Vena was the best decision we have made four our family. The attention to detail and dedicated attention to my daughter has made a visible impact in our daughter s education. Currently my first grade child is reading at a third grade level and I find that very impressive and a great asset to our child s future. I truly believe the teaching staff at Vena Avenue Elementary School care and take pride in teaching the children of the future. Thank You Tommy Chavez (Father)

Vena Avenue Elementary School
9377 Vena Avenue, Arleta, CA  91331
Last modified Vena Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vena Avenue Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top