Posted May 01, 2014
Our family loves CCS. We have been here for 5 years and do not have any complaints. We are so excited to move to the new campus in the fall. Principal Dave, Pam, Sonya and Keri are all wonderful. We can't wait to see what God has in store for us in the years to come at CCS.

Posted April 28, 2014
Great school. I have two students in elementary and I am very happy with the teachers and staff. It is a small school but that allows me to know the majority of the parents and any issue gets taken care of quickly. I am not a Christian an have never made to feel uncomfortable or any less of a person. Everyone is friendly and welcoming. I am sorry to hear the bad reviews but I have never heard any of the teachers gossip or be holier than thou. I have never felt judged or had any negative experiences. I am excited to move to the new campus allowing for better facilities for growth. It's a humble school. If you want prestige and a big name and be flashy, this is not the school for you. Can't make everyone happy. But we are happy with our experiences. If your child have special needs, either behavioral or learning disabilities, a public school has more funding and resources than CCS.

Posted April 19, 2014
As a former student at this school I would not recommend it at all. The quality of academics offered here are seriously lacking. I attended this school from elementary until high school and I was not prepared for public high school. I was behind in English/Writing, Communication, and especially the Sciences. This school seemed more focused on teaching their religious values. The teachers and staff were kind and caring but one requires more than good intentions when it comes to education.

Posted November 03, 2013
This school is self-righteousness with a holier-than-thou attitude and smug moral superiority that one's beliefs, actions, or affiliations are of greater virtue than those of the average Christian person. Not a humble approach to being part of the five cites community and no sympathy or understanding of people that can't afford to send their children to an expensive private school. God is everywhere.

Posted October 22, 2013
Small but full of energy. We are a new family at Coastal this year. I was not initially impressed by the facility as it is shared with a church and very limited, but teachers and staff are really good. My son loves his teacher and his classmates and I can tell he is learning. We are very excited about the prospect of the school moving to its own campus next year. The school has a new principal this year, and since we are new, I don't know what it was like before, but I feel that he is very good at communicating with parents and the community. He came to our church to promote the new campus project and also explained that in addition to solid academics, Coastal is about teaching kids to have a Biblical world view--which is the whole point of private Christian school from our perspective.

Posted April 18, 2013
Very judgmental! Unfortunately the children are taught how to "act" on the outside, not how to be on the inside. If your child fits in to the "mold",go for it,. Otherwise a VERY bad experience! And they are Christian? We are shocked at how many bad experiences kids have had--and even teased by these "Christian kids". And the teachers gossip,instead of pray,so they aren't setting a good example themselves! So sad, as a Christian myself, I recommend the public schools. And that's too bad. I wish I could brag about this school, but I can't. They've turned too many kids away from Christ with their "Religion" (instead of relationship with Christ). The vice-principal is the only positive. Too bad more of the staff aren't like her. It's surprising she has endured,but Thank God for her (The only saving Grace in the school).

Coastal Christian School 2

Posted February 06, 2013
The elementary portion of this school is fair as far as education goes. This positive experience abruptly ends once the children enter into secondary. The secondary program falls short. Many unhappy parents, parents pulling students out of the school to go to Public. Administration is terrible. There is a "temporary principal" whom has been there for two years. He is not there for the children and parents are unhappy. The school lost all but 3 of their students, this year that were going into 8th grade in the 2012/2013 year. The secondary teachers are less than par. Would recommend this school for elementary but would recommend finding another private school once your child or children enter secondary. Their secondary program needs to be re-evaluated they are clearly doing something wrong when they are loosing students at the rate they have lost them over the past two years and the fact that 90% of the parents in secondary have not been pleased with the education or administration practices this year.

Posted October 28, 2012
Class size is small. Extremely conservative school, often boarding on Theosophical religious beliefs. If you are looking for prestige or exclusivity, this educational institution falls short. My child is much happier at another local faith based school.

Posted November 03, 2010
CCS is an outstanding school, both academically and spiritually. It has a warm and caring atmosphere, small classes, experienced and dedicated teachers and a family friendly environment where families are encouraged to be involved in their child's education. Both of my children have had wonderful experiences and are doing well academically. I would highly recommend CCS to other families thinking about an alternative to public school.

Posted June 20, 2009
The K-1 teachers (the only ones I have experience with) together make an awesome team to give the kids an amazing start to school. The staff as a whole is very caring, I've had many of them stop to tell me a story about what my child has done that day. Overall, a very well balanced education with small class sizes. I wouldn't send my child else where.

Coastal Christian School
1220 Farroll Avenue, Arroyo Grande, CA  93420
Last modified Coastal Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Coastal Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top