Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted December 08, 2015
Ocean View classes are small and the teachers are wonderful. Being a parent of an Ocean Biew student gives you a sense of community. Every single staff member is friendly and there to help and above all they truly care about the kids and seeing them not only succeed but be ahead of the educational expectation. I wouldn't want my kids anywhere else!

Posted February 09, 2015
This school district pays the least compared to San Luis Obispo & Santa Maria. Therefore: it tends to attract less qualified teachers. The parent involvement is strong. The management leaves a lot to be desired. While the principal is running around snapping photos to post on FaceBook a lot of important issues are left undone.

Posted June 17, 2014
Best school on the Central Coast because of the high staff and parent involvement. Wouldn't go anywhere else.

Posted June 14, 2014
Ocean View is a wonderful school with great teachers, a great principal, great kids and great parents. It is unfortunate negative people say things on here when they don't know what they are talking about. To the negative nellies...take YOUR bullying somewhere else.

Posted May 30, 2014
2 lock downs due to a student in the past month and the school refuses to answer any questions about it. Very dissatisfied with the response of the principal. This school also has major bullying problems that begin with the principal. Bad attitudes spread fast especially when they're coming from the top.

Posted August 10, 2013
Oceanview is the best! The teachers are dedicated and involved. The PTA works hard to enrich the students education. The students are very lucky to have such a wonderful school.

Posted February 10, 2013
We moved into the district at the end of the school year last year. I have always been very involved in my children's school. I found Ocean View to be very welcoming and very open to parent involvement! I appreciate that the PTA at Ocean View is supportive of the students and staff.

Ocean View Elementary School 3

Posted October 23, 2012
The Teachers are good and seem to care about the children. The PTA is however very clicky and pretty much allowed to do what they want regardless of whether the offend other parents in the process. At this point, I am very unsatisfied with this school and will be seeking an inter-district transfer for my child next year. This is my child's second year at Ocean View and the first year was great; however, one year of dealing with this new PTA is enough.... looking very forward to next year at a new school

Posted August 19, 2012
First off there are some really great teachers here! The problem is this school is probably the nicest elementary school in the area. What I mean by this is that most of the "upper class" students come here. Which when I attended I noticed that they were snobby and if you did not look a certain way you would either be laughed at or ignored. This is coming from an average A-B student, middle class (I never attended a private school) and a former "chubby" girl. Another thing is the curriculum; which I found was not very good. I have since lived in Pennsylvania. I found that when I moved to Pa that I was unprepared and I was behind everyone else (Same when I later moved to Georgia). Granted I caught up but I feel I could have done better had I went to a school with a stronger curriculum.

Posted January 11, 2007
Coming from a private school in LA, our expectations were high and we've really enjoyed seeing our daughter thrive at Oceanview. The principal sets a great standard and the staff we've worked with have been nurturing, kind and inspiring. Thank you!

Ocean View Elementary School
1208 Linda Drive, Arroyo Grande, CA  93420-2466
Last modified Ocean View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ocean View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top