Bad
Good

Niemes Elementary is an exceptional school. My experience there has been a very good one with all the staff and the ABC District responds rapidly when one has a doubt or needs their assistance.

Ask me to do a research .. Now you removed what you wrote ... I just want the improvement the school for the sake of our students ... If we do not base on the test scores to know at what level our students are ... what should we base on? I did not say anything about ABCUSD school district ... Just about the school that need to be improved ... Do not add the school district and the school together. Or you think that what I want is wrong? Just let the school like it be. It's really ridiculous. Please think before you write something ... Anyway I do not want to argue anymore. Just write about your opinion. Do not involve in others opinion if we really care about the sake of the students ...

I'm sorry you seemed to have a bad experience with this school. But don't negate my children's experience like it's nothing. They enjoy their school, and if my children are excited to go to school not just because of seeing their friends, but to see what their teachers are going to teach them, then the school is doing something right. Test scores are meaningless if they are excited about what they are learning, but it seems like all you care about are test scores. And also, when I did my school comparison with the LAUSD school, it actually wasn't the worst school I compared Niemes to - the school that I had sent my oldest son to for TK in LAUSD was far more worse than the home school they are supposed to be at! If you are so unhappy with the school district, go to another school district that has will satisfy your needs! Obviously, ABCUSD is not working for you, but I am completely satisfied with the school and the district.

Niemes is an excellent school. We have two kids that are currently enrolled in the dual immersion program and two kids that culminated from Niemes. Niemes has lots of extracurricular activities for students, hosts many family events, and offers many opportunities for parents to be involved. The staff have always been very friendly, professional & helpful.

My kindergarden student is not learning anything at all. She was more challenged in preschool. The work she getting is equivalent to her preschool work. I do agree that this school is all talk. I am very dissapointed.

No school or teacher is perfect. I have seen some very poor, dirty schools with burnout teachers. I work in Long Beach, and the things that the inner city kids put up with is a disgrace. NIEMES is a beautiful school, with hard working dedicated teachers...if you go to a PTA meeting you can see all the ways they are trying to help the children, and u can discover many ways that u can be involved to make things even better. Volunteers can make lunch and recess better. Our children are safe, that is a priority for me. My son loves it...he had friends from prescool that went to less quality schools, he knows that he is lucky to be at this school! We r a distinguished magnet school, and we have Wildcat Pride!

NIemes Elementary in Artesia is an excellent school. Iam very dissapointed about the negative comments pheraphs the parents that do these comments could not assist to meetings, school activitys and volueenter . The parents should have gone to meetinf to inform themselfs aboyt the advances about our school. You guys should also know that our school does NOT have bad CST's scores we are above 800.

In my opinion ... It's the future of our children and also future for our country USA , isn't it? If the students are still not good after a certain time, we need to know why? Are the teachers good enough? Do they really concern about this problem? Or just show off that many students in their classes can get WIldcats' pride (means that they are very good teachers?) . But in reality the students are not good (results have been showed in CST). Or something wrong with Wildcats' pride requirements? If yes, please improve it ...

I must say I disagree with a couple comments posted July 3, 2012. Yes the average class size seems to be 30 to 32! but that is an issue happening in ALL California State public schools, so why is Niemes Elementary getting low reviews over something they have no control over? With that said....did you know that Mrs. Jimenez hired Para-Educators to help our students and teachers in the classroom because of the high number of students in each classroom. The environmental and technology aspect of the school is greatly implemented in every single classroom everyday of the week, teachers and students use computers/laptops, iPads and elmos for instruction and class assignments. The the same goes for environmental, all students, teachers and support staff use recycle paper and have a recycling program school wide. And yes this school does need help, niemes welcomes volunteers to help in the classroom, during recess and lunch recess (many adults out there are unfortunately unemployed who are able to volunteer but choose not to)

I agree with the last post. I am very disappointed with this school in so many ways. The environmental and technoloogy aspect of the school is overshadowed by overcrowding and the need to keep order with very few resources. Lunch and recess are kaos. The average class size seems to be 30 to 32! This school needs help, more teachers, more lunch and recess supervisors so that they can focus on their real and proposed mission, to teach children to be good stewards of the environment and how green technology can help us do that.

Last modified Niemes (John H.) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.