Bad
Good

Santa Rosa Road Academic Academy 5

Posted February 21, 2014
This a GREAT school. I went there as a child and loved it. Now my kids are going there. They are very helpful and go out of there way to see the children succeed. I love all the teachers and staff. Thanks for caring about our children. Every school has diffrent issues and these bad reviews shouldn't effect the way you think about the school. It's amazing!!

Posted January 09, 2014
Poorly kept campus, lack of engagement with teachers, low socio-economic level, academic programs are questionable, not progressive, doesn't seem like anyone is held accountable

Posted June 18, 2013
There is no zero, otherwise i would have rated this school a big zero. My experience with this school was nightmare, if you want you kids to end up in mental hospital or ready for prison, ignor my warning and continue keeping your child in this school.

Santa Rosa Road Academic Academy 4

Posted August 21, 2012
Decent school, academically speaking.. Terrible parking situation, with pickup and drop off a complete nightmare! And the custodial staff could clean up a bit, since the druggy/transient look does NOT complement the school.

Posted April 28, 2012
We transferred our child out of this school because he was attacked by another student and nothing was done about it. Approximately 3 weeks later that student attacked another child. Yet the principal can "GUARANTEE" my child's safety! The principal was more interested in keeping our child at this school rather than dealing with the problems at hand. The other issue we had with this school is a lack of religious tolerance. If you are not the average Christian, you will rarely be accommodated by the principal or many of the teachers in your religious views. We found it interesting that while we were reading the reviews for this school, there were a few that mention the Christianity in this school. We are Christians, but religion should not be the issue for a public school.

Posted February 24, 2012
There is one teacher that ruins it for everyone. Carol Yett. She is rude and unstable especially with the children. How is it that a school can employ someone who is unfit and clearly mentally ill?

Posted January 27, 2010
I feel this school is very good school. The accademics and learning tools, resources are avail as whenever possible and most important is Christianity. I have never been or seen a public school have these types of opportunity. I pray that this school and the teachers involved will continue to provide the education and knowledge to these kids that is essential to their lives in the adult world. Thank you Santa Rosa for being there for my kids!!

Santa Rosa Road Academic Academy 5

Posted October 11, 2009
My children (5th and 7th grade) and I love this school. It is not your ordinary public school, as it has several programs to choose from. Yes, the school is going through growing pains and had to expand into two locations for now, but they have plans to build a permanent campus. Granted, because it is a small school, they don't have the resources available to offer all of the programs a larger public school can offer, but that should not be considered a failure of this school. As a mother who is very involved with my children's education, I am very pleased with the administration, the accredited teachers, the class sizes, the discipline given, the monthly character traits and the curriculum. Is it a perfect school? No school is perfect. Is it better than most? Absolutely, without a doubt.

Posted October 05, 2009
We had three children try an attend this public school ....due to many issues on the part of this particular school program and its location....turned out not in the best interest for a child whom is a stuggling learner.

Posted September 06, 2009
Good school. I like that there are alot of christian teachers here. Just another way to reasure me that God goes with my son to School! I like the team work between same grade level classes. I like that I can volunteer in my childs class. I like that they give extra work for kids who are above grade level. I love that the state allows us to have a christian club on our campus.

8655 Santa Rosa Road, Atascadero, CA  93422-4910
Last modified Santa Rosa Road Academic Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.