Atwater, CA

Aileen Colburn Elementary School

Posted August 05, 2009
I feel that Mr. Gonzalez, along with the entire staff at Aileen Colburn, go above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to forming relationships with students and parents. Mr. Gonzalez spends every morning and afternoon shaking hands with parents, getting to know each one on a more personal basis. That is not something you easily find at any other school.

Posted July 31, 2008
Since the new principal came to this school alot has improved. He is very involved with the students and parents. Also he has implemented new rules that help the school run smoother.

Posted April 21, 2007
I think that this school needs to start focusing on the students needs!It is sad to see the CST and API scores so low in comparison to the other schools!The students are being cheated out of having a good education and advancing towards a better future!

Posted January 12, 2006
I love my son's teacher. She is very competent. I am disappointed in the way the office handles activities and events. I rarely have enough notice of upcoming events. I don't see the principal around or hear much about him. I haven't heard much news about other teachers. The children all seem active and behaved. I don't know much about any extracurricular activities. But I think the academic program is sufficient. My son enjoys his teacher and his class. I think that is good.

Posted August 09, 2005
Very good school. A principal that cares and dedicated teachers and an excellent office staff.

Aileen Colburn Elementary School 5

Posted April 19, 2005
This school did not have a very good reputation before but now with the principal that is there now, this is a great school. My kids are doing better than they ever had and they really like their teachers and the principal.

Posted August 16, 2004
Understanding how teachers and Administration struggle with inside politics is extremely over whelming for parents. Alleen Collberg is just one of the schools in the Atwater Elementary School District that is subject to neglect when it comes to administering quality education to our children. It is a disgrace and an overwhelming disappointment to have knowledge of the substandard education my children will be offered along with unacceptable attitudes about our communities children is offending. It is apparent that this district needs to acknowledge, as well as, accept today s diverse children in order to build successful citizens for the future.

Posted February 23, 2004
Aileen Colburn is a school in need of great improvement. The staff at this school are not sensitive to childrens needs. The children in this school are extremely out of hand and need strict disipline which is not provided by this school. The teachers try hard to teach these children but the test scores are always below state average. I believe this school needs to look into a new principle and office staff. A person does not get the feeling of a caring school invironment when you talk with the office staff or the principle. If the children felt like they meant something to this school then they would want to do better.

Aileen Colburn Elementary School
2201 Heller Street, Atwater, CA  95301
Last modified Aileen Colburn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aileen Colburn Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top