Bad
Good

My two children have attended Elmerwood. My eldest went for kinder-6th and my daughter has been there since k-1 and now in 2nd grade. I have no complains about the school. Love the principal, teachers and staff (after school program helpers) I notice a great difference between my kids and my nephews who attend other schools in the area like Aileen Colburn, Mitchell k-6 and Bellevue school. My kids are by far so much more advanced and in lower grades.

My daughter is in K1 and she loves school, teacher, and friends. Mrs. L does a great job of teaching and encouraging all her students. She is kind The principal is awesome. Mrs. Nelson is very interactive with her students. Overall, when I drop off my child I know she is safe, learning, and being treated fairly.

This school does not support parents. The Principal is overly focused on teachers/staff rights and opposed to parental concerns. The Principal does not take parental concerns seriously. I would definitely think twice about letting your child go to this school. There are other schools to choose from in this district that far outweigh the level of support at this one.

Elmer Wood is a great school. My son loves this school. The teachers are really very helpful and they care about their students. The principal is very nice. My son Paul is in K-1. He likes his teacher. Miss Livinal works hard to help her students to achieve their academic goals. Keep it up! God bless this school.

learning would be easier if the school wasnt broke like the rest of ca schools. no textbooks to bring home?? wth? kids HAVE to memorize the entire days lessons to do the homework. No parents in the class to help troulbed students? WTH?? Need to change teachers or the leadership.

Great school! The kids are given agendas at the beginning of the year to write their homework in. I believe if you ask the principal you as a parent could help out in the classroom. I know first hand this school does not take bullying lightly. My daughter was bullied by 2 students & I emailed the principal in the morning & it was taken care of & the other parents were notified by that afternoon. The more parents that would get involved the better the school would be. We can't parents to help on the parent club board or volunteer a limitless time. Just like every other thing that's volunteer, you have 20% of the people doing 80% of the work. If you want things to improve then volunteer & help implement changes. I have one child that went K-6th there & one child that has gone K-4th & will be there the next 2 years. Love this school!!!

Great school with great teachers who actually get excited for their school and their students. I'm not sure about the previous comment, sounds like perhaps an isolated incident, but Elmer Wood is routinely rated the best school in Atwater.

worst school ever. i know people who've never had problems till they get to that school they have lots of problems. the teachers pick on the students and if bullying is going on the teacher don't do anything about it

I have a son who graduated high school in june who went thru elmerwood K thru 6 he said all thru school teachers always commented that they could tell which kids came from elmerwood because they were always so smart & ready to learn .My youngest is in 5th grade now & is doing wonderful!!Thank you elmerwood staff

great school and the kids love the short schedule on thursdays

Last modified Elmer Wood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.