Auburn, CA

Posted March 13, 2015
The new principal, Mr. Woods is amazing. The kids love him...and he really cares about each child individually. He is always around the campus interacting with kids...and kids actually like to go to his office to talk to him and resolve problems. The teachers are caring and wonderful too. My child loves going to school now. New leadership leads to a change in attitudes and the change is extremely positive.

Posted October 28, 2014
I love this school. Mr Woods is great with the all the kids. I just moved to Auburn this year and picked Skyridge because of the high rating. Mr Woods and my kids teachers have the transition to a new school so much easier. I love this school.

Posted October 26, 2014
I love this school! Principal Woods is the best. I help in my sons classroom and I'm shocked by how much I see Principal Woods around the campus. He's interacting with students and teachers making sure everyone is taken care of. Ms. Anderson is an amazing teacher so willing to work with my child and has gone over and beyond her job title to see that he's learning. I couldn't be more happy that my son is part of this school. I feel like this school is respectful, positive, and loving.

Skyridge Elementary School 1

Posted March 25, 2014
My children went to this school for 6 years. Horrible teaching, bad attitudes, wasted years was the norm. I ended up "home schooling" every evening to get them through their homework. Finally left after severe bullying to one child, and a teacher so horrible my youngest would often be shaking and crying after school. As for the PTC, they very publicly fired their president one year, no crime or anything committed. I truly do not recommend this school.

Posted May 25, 2013
My children have been at this school since 2006. I think the current leadership is the best a parent could hope for. Imagine trying to run a business and not being able to fire your worst employees. Imagine. Bill and Melinda Gates couldn't imagine it and thats why they no longer support public (union ) schools. I only wish Jenn Lewandowski had been the principle when my children started. I tell everyone I know in my community that they should take another look at Skyridge. My guess is the unhappy teachers were miserable to begin with. To bad we couldn't clone The Maxwells.

Skyridge Elementary School 3

Posted January 02, 2013
We moved to Auburn 4 years ago and Skyridge had a 9 rating, now a 6. We loved the modern campus and it is kept pretty clean. The problem is that there has been three principals in 4 years which has lead to too many changes. Every teacher has to implement the same field trips for each grade level- poor decision. Seems like the teachers are very unhappy with the changes too. Lunch program is awful with no healthy changes in site. Since all the other schools in the area score so high, I would definitely take a look at other schools.

Posted November 23, 2012
We are very happy to have both of our girls attend this school. We choose to travel across town in order for our kids to attend this fantastic school and community. The PTC is incredible and, and parent involvement is awesome. The principle is very engaging and also demonstrates strong leadership and vision. The entire staff is committed and dedicated to enriching the life of every student.

Posted March 09, 2012
I've had children at Skyridge since 2004 and I've continually been impressed at the dedication of the teachers, parents, and principals (there have been three over the years my kids have been there). The teachers do an excellent job of teaching the required state standards, while also incorporating art, music, and physical education. Considering the current economic climate, the school is making the best of a difficult situation: handling cuts in funding in a way that impacts the kids as minimally as possible. It's too bad there are no regular education aides, but that's not any fault of the school or the teachers: there just isn't money for them. The Skyridge parents are making a huge effort to offset the budget cuts by fundraising and volunteering in the classroom and in the PTC. Because of the parents, Skyridge can offer many enrichment activities and programs including educational assemblies, the Running School fitness program, and the beautiful Life Lab (school garden). My kids have received an excellent education at Skyridge and have enjoyed its positive climate. I'm grateful to all at Skyridge for their hard work and dedication to kids and learning.

Skyridge Elementary School 1

Posted December 20, 2011
The new principal is horribly disengaged and dismisses any parental concerns. There continues to be a void of leadership. You may get lucky and get a good teacher or not...they do whatever they want without recourse. I can't wait to pull my child out of this school when a better option becomes available. They are so concerned with getting their numbers for funding-maybe focus on attending to the students you already have first. Another example of why public schools are failing.

Posted September 01, 2011
Starting off another excellent year with a new principal and so far I am quite impressed. I am thrilled with my daughter's new teacher and so is she. I still see a lot of parents giving their time in the classroom and it's great to partner with everyone at Skyridge. I really feel like my daughter is getting a well rounded education - she has excelled in all her subjects and looks forward to learning. Keep up the great work Skyridge teachers!

Skyridge Elementary School
800 Perkins Way, Auburn, CA  95603
Last modified Skyridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Skyridge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top