Azusa, CA
Students enrolled: 1,363

Azusa High School 5

Posted February 26, 2015
Love AZUSA high never forgot were I came from were I got my schooling I live in Ontario now but choose to send my kids to AZUSA high everymorning my wife makes the commute to AZUSA to take our kids in our eyes to the greatest high school Aztecs I don't care how much money you got or want to waste by sending your kid to one of those so called top notch high schools go for it ...I send mine to AZUSA and proud of it haven't forgot were I came from what about you!!!....

Posted May 18, 2014
My oldest received a diploma through a special needs homebound program at Azusa USD. The teacher who worked with my child was from Azusa High. He was exceptional. He understood my child's needs - not just academic but social and emotional. He also was not afraid to hold my child accountable and be challenging. My child graduated with a high GPA and is a college student. I do not believe this would have happened had my child not received so much support from this teacher. Some teachers in other schools didn't want to put in extra effort to work with someone who had special needs. I don't think they believed it mattered or that my child wouldn't notice - well, my child did and it had a heavy impact. This teacher was able to repair a lot of damage in that regard. To me, the teacher's dedication, loyalty, and innovation reflect the values Azusa High no doubt instills in its faculty. I'm proud of my child, but I am also immensely proud of and grateful for my child's teacher, who stepped up and became a role model and superhero when so many others failed at the same post.

Azusa High School 5

Posted November 26, 2013
I am a student at Azusa High School and Azusa is the best out of the 2 high schools I've attended. The students are well behaved and are super polite and friendly, the teachers and administrators are amazing they'll do anything they need to do to help you get to where your goal is. Azusa High is well known for its outstanding and high award winning Performing Arts groups.

Posted September 27, 2013
I am a current student at Azusa High School and I am very bothered that all people think when they hear about us is our financial problems. We are a very spirited school that is bursting with pride for where we are from. I would not want to go anywhere else. Azusa has an amazingly successful band and pageantry, some highly successful students, and an all around Aztec pride! I know that everyone thinks we are terribly behaved poor kids we are so much more than that. We are a family at Azusa High and that's what makes us so great no matter the circumstances. -Once An Aztec Always An Aztec

Posted November 07, 2009
I have gone to Azusa High School for about two years now. I've heard this and that about the school. I am going to have to say that MANY people misinterpret this school. they assume that the school is full of gang bangers, bullies, and everything. You have to realize the big picture. That is life. Anywhere you go, there are problems. The difference with Azusa High School and the others you may compare our school too is, our school is full of students who stand out. Every students is known for their skills. It may be sports, band, their academics, or just because they are who they are. Though our school may have the students who don't shine, this gives your student a better chance of being noticed. I can first hand that I have stood out and been recognized because of my actions. That's how easy it is.

Posted October 03, 2009
Azusa High School is in the middle of a low income area, yet, the band director has developed a top 5 marching band, wind ensemble, and jazz band. For this and many other reasons, I believe AHS is great!

Posted September 17, 2009
Really great school with a staff of carring teachers - and great parent support. Plus we have a great band!!!!!

Posted September 10, 2008
As a new graduate of AHS, I am proud to rate it as a 4-star school. Every teacher and every counselor I encountered throughout my years cared and were incredibly involved with each student; some even remember the generations of families that have attended. The years of experience of the professors only reinforces their love for our school and the great kids that attend. Although Azusa may be IN PART 'economicaly disadvantaged',there are certainly kids from affluent areas that decide to attend because of the smaller classes, the tranquil and joyous environment and wonderful educational and extracurricular programs. Many of my friends went on to Ivy League schools and other very prestigious universities, even under veterinary programs. I believe this may seem as much for the school if compared to the statistics, but as a student I promise you will not regret sending your child to Azusa High School.

Azusa High School 2

Posted July 22, 2008
azusa high is very poor. The counselors are not dedicated when parents try to talk to them they need to make an appointment even if they are available. The teacher called parent only when the kinds are in trouble they never look for ways to help and its always hard to have appointments with them. The city of azusa is really nice but the schools are in need of dedicated teachers who care for the kids

Posted July 14, 2008
i was there for my freshmen year before moving to baldwin park the student who said the school the district and city of azusa is poor i would like to tell you that you are wrong. i grew up in azusa for 16 years of my life i was born in kings county but i love azusa with my heart. azusa hich school is possibly the best that i went to of the 3 high schools ive been to. they have the best drama actors, and if you dont believe me ask elementary schools student if they like the dandy dream machine. i adored it. mr. flores is an amazing car shop teacher. mr lewis you were the best of them all along side with the ROTC teacher.<br/>-Jose

240 North Cerritos Avenue, Azusa, CA  91702
Last modified Azusa High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Azusa High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top