Victor F. Hodge Elementary School 4

Posted November 22, 2013
This school is nothing short of amazing. The teachers genuinely care about their students and work very hard to see them succeed. They have high expectations for student behavior and for academic progress. If a student is struggling, teachers will work to help them improve. For advanced students, the teachers also try to keep them ahead instead of just sitting back and letting them waste a year. The principal Mrs. Velasquez is very friendly and very approachable. One thing I would like to see is for the school to have the same principle for a while. Too many changes recently and the school could use a vice principal since there are so many students to attend to. But overall, I highly recommend the school

Posted October 25, 2013
Hodge is the best elementary school in the Azusa district. My son was student body president last year(2012-2013). I'm so proud of him! Now I have a kindergartner headed for success too. Go cougars!!!!! :)

Posted April 27, 2013
My daugter is part of the dual Spanish emersion program at this school and it really is amazing. The dual emersion program gives these students such an excellent opportunity to be bilingual at such a young age. The teachers are excellent and give their students valuable and challenging school work. I just love how involved the principle is and everyday I feel like she is among the students as a guide and role model. Im so happy we got to be part of this great school.

Victor F. Hodge Elementary School 2

Posted March 21, 2013
One has only the read the plethora of comments here by former students to see just how bad this school is. Look at all of their grammatical errors. I am a lifelong resident of Azusa. I have watched as the schools went down the drain from the 1980s on.

Victor F. Hodge Elementary School 1

Posted December 10, 2012
my first grader is bored in class has a 3 grade reading lvl teacher does not care gave me more stuff for him to do at home gave him avg report but told me he is above avg and has him help other kids in class went to Principal when i could finallly find her a she gave me place on the internet for at home they dont care teacher cares more about art then math and history

Posted February 10, 2012
Victor Hodge is one of the best of best schools in the district.With an API score of 834 the teachers here care and help you prepare for grades above and the most famous test,CST.This school is a champion with several track champhion ships.Making it good in sports and in academic. I know personally. Because, I've been their five years and moving to 6 th. Having some of the best memories there.You meet the best teachers there:Mr.Murphy-4th grade teacher and Mr.Miranda. -my 5 th grade teacher.They are very good people. Also great role models.

Posted February 06, 2012
Great school! Strong academics, great staff, friendly principal! You can't go wrong with this school! You child will get a wonderfully fun education! Great test scores too.

Posted January 24, 2012
Victor Hodge is the #1 elementary school in Azusa! With an API of 834, Hodge school continues to make great academic strides year after year. Under the direction of Principal Christiane Garcia-Ayoub, Hodge has taken a turn for success. But she is not alone. Our students are blessed with extremely dedicated teachers who believe in them and help them take their education seriously. In addition to academic excellence, Hodge is a fun school. Yes, we have fun! Our PTA organizes many special events throughout the year that gives students and their parents opportunities to hang together and get to know each other in a relaxed environment. Last but not least, our school has made history with their cheerleading squad. The Hodge Cheerleaders have represented our school in many community-based events such as Azusa Golden Days Parade, Monrovia Christmas parade, our school family nights, our school funraising eat-out nights and most recently at MLK Jr. celebration at city hall where they received an award for their participation. Did I mention we're the #1 school in Azusa?!

Posted January 14, 2012
I absolutely loved this school!! Many programs to be involved in and they really emphasize getting a higher CST score every year which is very cool!! They have great sports program and after school program!! The principle is very hands on and veryyy friendly !! Love ya mrs.garcia, -2010 prez clarissa

Posted September 08, 2011
im 18 years old and i can proudly say im an ex cougar student. i was the first preschool class with mrs miranda:) and went their my whole elementary years. i have three sisters who have also attended hodge and 1 is still attending. overall i can say its the best school around

Victor F. Hodge Elementary School
700 West 11th Street, Azusa, CA  91702
Last modified Victor F. Hodge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Victor F. Hodge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top