Bakersfield, CA

Posted October 06, 2014
I am a student and just moved here and I was pretty nervous at first but everyone was so friendly and now I love it here!

Bessie E. Owens Intermediate School 4

Posted January 06, 2009
I have a child that attends Bessie Owens Intermediate GATES compared to LAUSD Public schools I would say they are far better! I usually send my children to Charter Schools which are better than public. Bessie Owens Intermediate offers music which I like. My son is well challenged in this school theres always homework and activities to keep him and our family involved. My son and I have had some things to happen as far as staff goes, but once addressed the office, teacher and principal responded wonderfully. There isn't a such thing as a perfect anything so I don't look for it in a school. My child is learning, active and protected at Owens Intermediate and that is what I call a great school. Parents as well as teachers help to contribute to AYP scores. Parents lets help our children with reading, math and more learning to better their scores.

Posted November 12, 2008

Bessie E. Owens Intermediate School 1

Posted August 12, 2008
I cannot imagine a worse school at any level. From incompetent administrators to unqualified teachers (Mr. Perez excepted), this is the worst school in the district. We just received notice that this gulag has fallen way short of it's AYP for the second year in a row. Fortunately, this grants us the possibility of moving to another school.

Posted September 27, 2007
This school has many after school programs, Drama, sports club, dance, and too many more to name. It is the only school in Bakersfield with full time GATE. It has a science lab that you can't beat (including a fantastic science teacher) computer lab and the teachers at this school care about kids and teaching. I have been completly satisfied with my student's experiences at Bessie Owens primary and intermediate campuses.

Bessie E. Owens Intermediate School 4

Posted April 05, 2005
There's only two words to describe it: Awesomely Awesome

Bessie E. Owens Intermediate School
815 Eureka Street, Bakersfield, CA  93305
Last modified Bessie E. Owens Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 4-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bessie E. Owens Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top