Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

William B. Bimat Elementary School
Grateful to: School leader

Posted November 27, 2015
Michele Bryant, the principal of this school, is one of the best I have ever seen. She is very involved with the students and teachers and really cares about every aspect of this school. If your child goes to Bimat, you will know what I mean .

Posted November 27, 2015
My son has gone here from Kindergarten to now 5th grade and all I can say is I wish I could have gone to this school when I was a kid. The class sizes are small and the teachers are very educated. My son has not had one problem and looks forward to going to school every morning. The after school day care programs for the Norris school district are the best I have ever seen. If your child has a chance to go here, you will be more than satisfied.

Posted June 12, 2014
Bimat is a gem of a school! It is the smallest school in the best school district in Bakersfield. My children are in 2nd and 3rd grade and are thriving. The teachers and staff are amazing and very involved. It's great walking into a school and everyone knows your name. This school just received Distinguished school by the State of CA due to the amazing teachers and academics. If you want your child to go to a school where parents and teachers truly care about you child then this is the school!

Posted May 27, 2014
I have continued to transfer my boys here since we moved out of the boundaries. The teachers are caring and qualified, and the students are well-supported by their families. When they have student office elections there are so many kids running the posters cover the cafeteria. I think that says a lot about how motivated the kids, parents, and teachers are.

William B. Bimat Elementary School 3

Posted May 19, 2014
My son went to Bimat the 2011-2012 school year and was in 1st grade. His class had two teachers that job shared. I don't feel like he got the attention he needed to do his best. They were short with him and pushed him to the side. Nothing like the school he's at now in Colorado. The teachers were nice, the office staff was nice and the teacher that helped him with his reading was amazing.

Posted October 22, 2013
This school is one of the Best, if not the Best, Elementary Schools In Bakersfield. The Class sizes are small and all of the teachers have above average credentials. The afterschool program and events they have for the kids are fantastic! My son has gone here for the last 3 years and i have not had one problem. The overall environment and safety of this campus is outstanding.

William B. Bimat Elementary School 4

Posted December 14, 2005
This is one of the few top schools in town. There are probably 60 - 80 elem. schools in town and there are only a handful with top scores, top teachers, and high curriculum. Bimat is one of theses few. Good environment. Most of the time, challenging.

Posted January 07, 2005
I have taught at three schools in two districts, and Bimat is by far the best! The principal, secretaries, and counselors truly care about the kids. The teachers work hard, coming early, staying late, and working weekends. Morale is alway high! In addition, the parent involvement is wonderful, and makes Bimat a great place to work.

Posted August 12, 2004
We just moved to Bakersfield when I enrolled my son to William Bimat Elem. I was a bit hesitant because it was a brand new school and I didn't have any idea about it's curriculum and faculty at all. My son was entering 3rd grade and that he didn't know anyone from the school. Many days/months passed and I saw that he didn't even had a hard time coping up. I saw the big difference in his study habits and how he enjoys going to school every single day. I myself had adjusted really fast. This school has a very excellent Principal and a very talented and skilled staff. I am very thankful to have found this school. I also salute the very high involvement of parents in different activities and so with volunteering in the classroom. Bimat is a great school.

William B. Bimat Elementary School
8600 Northshore Drive, Bakersfield, CA  93312-1947
Last modified William B. Bimat Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William B. Bimat Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top