Bakersfield, CA

Posted February 11, 2015
My kids and nephews have attended FMS. All I can say is that I applaud the school policy of No Tolerance for misbehavior. Kids go to school to learn and to acquire social and behavioral skills. The professor at this school are excellent and the principal makes sure to maintain a safe place and environment for the students.

Posted October 14, 2014
New to the area, so we were a little in the dark about the knowledge of district /schools. I am very pleased with this school. From qualified teachers, supportive staff, they really know their stuff. More importantly, the education seems solid (minus the common core junk:)). I feel that they push the kids, educationally, academically; they encourage responsibility, accountability and have high expectations. As a parent, I have no reservations sending my children here.

Posted October 08, 2014
When you interrupt a girls school day to force her to change clothes or send her home because her shorts are too short or her bra straps are visible, you are telling her that making sure boys have a "distraction free environment" is more important than her education. Freedom middle school has unrealistic dress code policies, and I feel something should be done about it
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 08, 2011
My son and daughter go to a Freedom Middle School and thus feel really good, this school has had so many principals and I think Mr. Monaco is new to our school district and needs to get a feel for our children and for the our partents! We are a school district with very active parents and good kids, there are some trouble makers but that's every where! I like Mr. Monaco and his staff! The teachers are great and all things considered, they do an awesome job! I think as parents we need to be very involved in the lives of our youth and I think Mr. Monaco will bring great changes to our school! My kids are upset about a possible dress code next year, but unfortunatly some students choose to violate the dress code! Some parents do not monitor how their kids dress and show up dressed up inappropriatly! Excited about the rest of the year

Posted October 15, 2010
I understand your concern regarding the child being late BUT I must say they have to teach them responsibility and what better way than making them accountable. If they are late for a job later in life they end up losing the job if it continues. With Freedom showing these children it's not acceptable they grow up to be responsible. That is something us parents can be proud of. As for my children, and I have 5 with my freedom child being my youngest, I give them a curfew for even playing outside. If I tell my child to be in by 8 then I mean 8 and not 8:01. If they walk in the door 1 minute late they go nowhere the next weekend. My 3 adult daughters now thank me for being disciplined with them because they are all responsible adults now. So let thank Freedom for helping

Posted April 06, 2010
My son is a 7th grader at Freedom and has been in Rosedale Union since 3rd grade. Thus far his experience at Freedom has been pretty good. He has only had an issue with one teacher, but when I e-mailed the principal and councilor I received a quick response and the problem was resolved. The school is very strict which is a good thing. Too many children get away with too much these days and never grow up and learn how to be responsible for their actions. When I was in school they used physical punishment and had far less discipline issues than schools do today. When kids know they will be reprimanded for negative behavior they are less likely to misbehave. Keep it up Freedom.

Posted August 18, 2009

Posted September 17, 2008
The teachers and staff work very hard for the students and the community. I am very glad that both of my children attended this school. FMS did a great job preparing them for high school. The teachers are tough but fair.

Posted August 28, 2008

Posted May 15, 2008

Freedom Middle School
11445 Noriega Road, Bakersfield, CA  93312
Last modified Freedom Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Freedom Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top