Rio Bravo Elementary School 1

Posted June 27, 2014
This school does not follow the civil rights code regarding bullying. This is a directive from the superintendent who will allow children of parents who contribute money to their sports program to blatantly bully other children The teachers are very good. The leadership is at fault.

Posted November 23, 2009
i was a student at RBG all the way from 1st to 8th and Mr. Unruh was my principle and i love the school now i have kids of my own and my oldest goes to norms and i hate it so put my kindergarten at RBE and i love still love this school the people are great and Mr. Unruh is still the same from when i remember him just an awesome person yes the school in the middle of nowhere but its far from being backwards the kids are learning more at a higher level than other school. great school love it!!!!

Rio Bravo Elementary School 4

Posted October 31, 2007

Posted September 27, 2007

Posted January 12, 2006
Both my children have attended RBE. Great school with a caring staff that go above and beyond with the well being of my child as their main goal.

Posted June 29, 2005
I transferred my two girls to this out-of-our-district school 2 years ago after they attended a private christian school. I spent a lot of time at the school the first year, wanting to learn about it. There are plenty of ways for parents to get involved in the classroom and in PTF activities. I have nothing but genuine praise for the principal, Mr. Unruh, and for my girls teachers. I spent a lot of time in the Kindergarten class and the second grade. The teachers are genuinely concerned about each child and their learning environment and are willing to try new techniques. The kindergarten reading program could be expanded to include blends, they spent the first 26 weeks of school reviewing each letter of the alphabet. There are plenty of sports activities to become involved in including swim team (the school has its own pool), band is available for 4th - 8th.

Rio Bravo Elementary School 2

Posted September 18, 2003
I attended Rio Bravo Greeley from 1995 to 2000. I left the school because of the people there. They treated me horribly because I am supposedly 'different.' I urge you all to think about sending your kids to this school. It is in the middle of nowhere, and the whole place is very backward. For Parents, please. Choose Fruitvale or Rosedale instead.

Posted August 13, 2003
Mr. Unruh (the principle) has been at RBG/RBE since my oldest-now a sophmore in college was in first grade! He is a wonderful leader, very involved with the kids and always helpful with everyone! I have avoided moving out of my neighborhood for 12 years now so my children could remain in this school!

Rio Bravo Elementary School
22725 Elementary Lane, Bakersfield, CA  93314
Last modified Rio Bravo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rio Bravo Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top