Bakersfield, CA

College Heights Elementary School 4

Posted August 05, 2014
The school is really not that bad, keep in mind that most of the kid's parents don't care about their kid's education. The school has the BEST music teacher (Mr. Nick Olmos), please just Google his name to see his many achievements, he is the most committed teacher I have ever seen, teaches Orchestra and Mariachi music to high standards. About 70% of kids come from single family homes with 3+ children, uneducated, absent or even parents with a criminal record, so the school runs pretty low on parent's support, and pretty low in SARC scores. Because of this the schools receives large grants from the government, and it seems like the money its well spend, no broken stuff, new computer labs, enough school materials, and decent long term teachers (some more than 20+ years). The school has a small school feel to it, where everybody knows your kid's name. I know most of the teachers and only 3 deserve to be fired for not caring, about 10+ teachers deserve multiple awards for their commitment. The school has a large FREE afterschool program that helps kids with their homework and keeps them busy with educational activities until 5:30pm. I'd recommend College Heights.

College Heights Elementary School 2

Posted April 09, 2013
The staff in the office needs to be more professional, it is ridiculous that they come to school with hickeys on their neck. The yard duty (elderly woman) is always yelling at my child for no reason at all. My child goes to school to learn not for some lady to be on her case. My daughter told me that she fell down and the elderly lady told her to get up that it's no big deal. Who does that? I think they should be more in control of some of their staff workers, because it is not right that they think they could act in an unpleasant unprofessional way. If they don't have any patients with students then they shouldn't be working with children.Why isn't anyone checking up on the staff letting them no the dos and don'ts of their position. The teachers are great, they are very helpful, My daughter has learned so much. I think that someone should put more order in this school.

College Heights Elementary School 1

Posted February 16, 2013
My son's 3rd grade teacher was AWESOME (Mrs. Rogers). Now that my son is in the 4th grade you have dropped the ball, College Heights Elementary School!!! My son loves school and loves to learn. My first priority is my son and his education. It's a Friday night, Feb. 15th, 2013 and he was CRYING over his homework, he has a three day weekend, due to President's Day on the 18th. BTW he attends the after school program for an extra 3 hours a day after school, does my son have his homework done? No!!! The Principal Mr. Zavala, Mr. Brown, and Mrs. Altamirano don't understand. I am going to the the board with this. I talked to Mr. Zavala last year and he did the opposite of what I asked for. Oh yeah my son got stabbed in the back by another student last year with a colored pencil!!! Did the school pay for my medical bill.. NO!! Did they go with procedure...No!! Sorry the police should have been called and I should of been informed of of the problem, I still have a bill from his doctor and the E.R.

College Heights Elementary School 5

Posted June 02, 2011
My daughter just finish 1st grade her teacher was great. The staff is very helpful. The parents and teachers work together to help the kids. Her teacher made sure she was challenge all year long so she would not bored. Her teacher always kept me informed of all of her work assigments. We had a great year the school really suprise us in a good way.

College Heights Elementary School 5

Posted November 30, 2009

College Heights Elementary School 0

Posted December 03, 2008
The teachers are wonderful. They help children achieve their goals and are so great with the children!

College Heights Elementary School 1

Posted May 26, 2005
The school seems to be geared to slow learners. The teacher involvement on the playground during lunch and recesses is minimal.

College Heights Elementary School
2551 Sunny Lane, Bakersfield, CA  93305
Last modified College Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
College Heights Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top