Bakersfield, CA

Henry Eissler Elementary School 3

Posted July 30, 2013
I've had two children attend Eissler and never had any problems. My kids loved all their teachers every year! I was enrolling my youngest child this year and I was treated so aweful by the office staff i decided over the summer that I would enroll my children in a different school. The school has changed so much since the principal Mrs.Adame Retired.

Posted April 25, 2013
I am literally moving to get away from this school and the district. I have had SO many issues with this school and office staff. My son is finishing his 1st grade year here (after attending an amazing school in a different district in the SW part of town), and he has been bullied by multiple children which were only questioned and NOT disciplined, he has been accused of lying about incidents because the other boys "had no history of misconduct," the 1st-3rd grades have lunch and PE together, which I think is not ok because of the age gap, plus there are times the older grades are also on the playground with the younger students. There seems to be no concern for my son's academic success, the office staff have ignored a COURT ORDER, the main office secretary is continuously rude and unhelpful, and the district would not respond to my concerns. Keep your children away from here unless you want them to get lost in stacks of worksheets, unengaged learning, and uncaring staff members (for the most part). By the way, my son doesn't know who his principal is- or even her name. He thinks the head of discipline/security (campus supervisor) is the principal.

Posted September 23, 2010
To make it short on more than one occassion the office staff has messed up paperwork, been beyond rude to my family for their mess ups and being fined by the state because they can't keep their records straight. Not only this but also my sons kindergarten and first grade years he had more than 5 teachers because they decided to hire a teacher out on disability and had to constantly bring in new "long-term" or not so long term substitute teachers. We had problems with a kid harassing our son and when we went to the school about it nothing happened. Instead they turned it around on us and said there was something wrong with my son because he was withdrawn in class. You think? His before and after school care givers were in just as much disbelief as my family with the things the staff of Eissler was saying.

Posted October 25, 2009

Posted September 30, 2008

Henry Eissler Elementary School 2

Posted February 20, 2008
My son is in kindergarten and after 3 months he was already able to pass the end-of-year tests with a perfect score. I inquired if they could give him some different work and was told no, so as a result he is not challenged academically. His teacher is great, but apparently her hands are tied by the district. I would not recommend Bakersfield City School District if you have kids that you ve worked with at home (as parents should). In my son's class there were several kids that came in not knowing letters and other basics.

Posted July 29, 2005
I am a proud parent of an Eissler Eagle and I'm proud of it. This school has amazing teachers that care about every child equally. They really go above and beyond! Parents this school is cool!

Henry Eissler Elementary School 4

Posted March 31, 2005
I think that this school is a good school. They seem to care about the children and their progress. They do not pressure the children or treat them disrespectfully. I am happy to have my child attend this school.

Posted January 30, 2005

Henry Eissler Elementary School
2901 Eissler Street, Bakersfield, CA  93306
Last modified Henry Eissler Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Henry Eissler Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top