Bad
Good

This school has been traumatizing. All of the kindergarten teachers are resentful of children and should have retired already. My kindergartener comes home telling me a few kids try to fight him and other kids and the teachers do not do anything when he tells them. The children are not learning subject mater anywhere near that of the homework assigned at schools in the SW. The teachers get irritated if you try to speak with them for even a moment about anything. Drop off in the cafeteria is a circus and some kindergarteners get left behind and lost while the rest of the class leaves.

I've had two children attend Eissler and never had any problems. My kids loved all their teachers every year! I was enrolling my youngest child this year and I was treated so aweful by the office staff i decided over the summer that I would enroll my children in a different school. The school has changed so much since the principal Mrs.Adame Retired.

I am literally moving to get away from this school and the district. I have had SO many issues with this school and office staff. My son is finishing his 1st grade year here (after attending an amazing school in a different district in the SW part of town), and he has been bullied by multiple children which were only questioned and NOT disciplined, he has been accused of lying about incidents because the other boys "had no history of misconduct," the 1st-3rd grades have lunch and PE together, which I think is not ok because of the age gap, plus there are times the older grades are also on the playground with the younger students. There seems to be no concern for my son's academic success, the office staff have ignored a COURT ORDER, the main office secretary is continuously rude and unhelpful, and the district would not respond to my concerns. Keep your children away from here unless you want them to get lost in stacks of worksheets, unengaged learning, and uncaring staff members (for the most part). By the way, my son doesn't know who his principal is- or even her name. He thinks the head of discipline/security (campus supervisor) is the principal.

To make it short on more than one occassion the office staff has messed up paperwork, been beyond rude to my family for their mess ups and being fined by the state because they can't keep their records straight. Not only this but also my sons kindergarten and first grade years he had more than 5 teachers because they decided to hire a teacher out on disability and had to constantly bring in new "long-term" or not so long term substitute teachers. We had problems with a kid harassing our son and when we went to the school about it nothing happened. Instead they turned it around on us and said there was something wrong with my son because he was withdrawn in class. You think? His before and after school care givers were in just as much disbelief as my family with the things the staff of Eissler was saying.

My son is in kindergarten and after 3 months he was already able to pass the end-of-year tests with a perfect score. I inquired if they could give him some different work and was told no, so as a result he is not challenged academically. His teacher is great, but apparently her hands are tied by the district. I would not recommend Bakersfield City School District if you have kids that you ve worked with at home (as parents should). In my son's class there were several kids that came in not knowing letters and other basics.

Last modified Henry Eissler Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.