Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted May 29, 2015
Doesn't seem to care too much outside a paycheck. Teachers aren't the friendliest either. They don't Cater to students needs, especially for the ones with learning disabilities.

Posted March 25, 2015
I am a citizen and am assisting my wife in finding the bell schedule for the school. It is not on the schools website. This type of information should be on a schools website. Furthermore, the website does not include any pictures and has limited information. It does not appear much effort is being made to utilize technology with the schools website. This leaves a bad first impression of the school.

Stella I. Hills Elementary School 3

Posted December 12, 2007
the staff at this school work really hard to ensure success for all students! Parents complain that there aren't enough events to bring everyone together, when the truth is that parents don't show up! We're lucky if we get even half of parents to come to parent conferences. The staff cares about the students in their classes. We need parents to become more involved and more interested to working with the teachers at home.

Posted November 05, 2006
Office Staff, Teachers and Parents need to communicate. We all need to do our parts to make the system work as a whole. We need more communication between office and teachers and parents! Maybe more events that bring parents and teachers together. Like a book night, or once a month family fun nights. These type of things help parents get involved and lets kids see them involved! I don't see any of this going on. I hate feeling like I am just another number! Some of us care!

Posted April 17, 2006
I think this is a really good school even though it may be in a bad area.

Posted September 15, 2005
I believe this school is bad area. After school tutoring is only children who are head not the ones who are flunking and needing the help. The principal and office help are always too much in a hurry to deal parents. They approach parents and students with rude tones and upset. As if you bother them. Staff needs to change so can the parents. Staff needs to lay down some limits and enforce the rules. Parents talk staff doesn't.

3800 Jewett Avenue, Bakersfield, CA  93301-1316
Last modified Stella I. Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.