Bakersfield, CA

Posted August 05, 2013
TERRIBLE SCHOOL! I wish I would have had the resources to move from this school when My child was attending. He was BULLIED and harassed on a daily basis. My questions went unanswered and nothing was done to correct the situation. The principle is a poorly educated person with no real grasp of what it takes to deal with children, or people in general. My youngest is just at the age of enrollment now, and am happy to say that I will be teaching him from home. Former principle Ms. Bradsford was terrible at her job. I hope the new principle does a better job for the children but I am not going to stick around and find out. I pity anyone with a kind gentle child having to go to this place where they treated like animals. The child better adapts or be eaten alive!

Posted October 18, 2011
Overall I feel this school has made great improvements over this last year. It is only my second year with my children attending this school, but I have seen a lot of progress in my own children and thier studies. The kindergarten Teachers were very supportive last year. If there were any concerns the Teachers always brought them up to me. I feel that Most of the Teachers want to be there and are doing a well job teaching my kids. They offer orchestra for my oldest in 4th grade with the instrument on loan, The afterschool program has a great coordinator who always keeps open communication as well as my kids' teachers in the afterschool program. They work on homework there and provide socialization for my kids. There are a few things that need some attention; like some students behaviors while "going to the restroom" or "walking to the office" but that is on the parents who's children should know how to behave at those times. Teachers/ schools staff should be able to trust the students to behave accordingly walking on school grounds. Overall I have had experience in much worse elementary schools and this elementary school has improved a lot and is continuing to improve.

Munsey Elementary School 3

Posted August 17, 2011
I KNOW THERE HAS TO CUT BACKS DO TO THE BUDGET CUTS.I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT A STAFF MEMBER THAT HAS GAINED THE RESPECT AND TRUST OF OUR MUNSEY STUDENTS THAT KNOWS ALL STUDENTS BY NAME SHOULD BE LET GO SO EASILY.MR.SAUCEDO WAS AN EXTREMELY IMPORTANT STAFF MEMBER THAT KEPT EVERYTHING UNDER CONTROL.ON DAYS HE WAS ABSENT IT WOULD GET OUT OF CONTROL JUST BECAUSE THE STUDENTS NEW HE WAS NOT THERE.I NO LONGER FEEL THAT MY DAUGHTER IS IN A SAFE SCHOOL WITH HIM GONE.I WILL WAIT AND SEE THE OUTCOME AND IF STILL FEELING THIS WAY AFTER THE FIRST MONTH I WILL CHANGE SCHOOLS.TEACHERS ARE WONDERFUL THERE AND LOVE WHAT THEY DO.THANK GOD.

Posted October 16, 2010
I do believe that it takes the parents' full and undivided attention on each one of their children, to make their child's education what it should be. "What you put in as a parent, is what you get out". I have three children that go to this school and let me say that the teachers there try their very best to bring the children up to speed with the states requirements. Munsey School has had their share of bad principals and such, but I do believe that they are on the right track to recovery, and for that I applaud them for their GREAT efforts. Keep up the good work MUNSEY.

Munsey Elementary School 5

Posted August 16, 2008

Munsey Elementary School 5

Posted August 16, 2008

Posted May 21, 2008
The office staff has poor work ethic and it has been my personal experience with this school that they don't give much thought to concerned parents who want to be involved or care about their childs education. If it can be helped, do not send your child to this school.

Posted December 13, 2007

Posted September 02, 2007

Posted June 22, 2006
I can't even begin to find a letter in the grading system to give this school, having a child myself that requires a little extra assistance due to health issues. Unfortunately the staff @ this school knows nothing about assisting kids who rely on them to be able to succeed in life.

Munsey Elementary School
3801 Brave Avenue, Bakersfield, CA  93309
Last modified Munsey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Munsey Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top