Bakersfield, CA

William Penn Elementary School 5

Posted September 17, 2014
I absolutely love this school. It is not the most appealing from the street view. However, once in a classroom it is very comfortable. My child has attended this school for 2 years and I adore each teacher she has had. The staff is very nice and helpful. The only thing I wish would be updated is the webpage for the school.

Posted August 21, 2007
Let's begin with the bad and end on a good note. The lack of AR (Accelerated Reading) books and incentives is disheartening. There doesn't seem to be a strong emphasis on reading. The computers constantly have viruses, and the school also does not sell yearbooks. Now the good - there are a few great after/ in school programs. One is the Glee Club; the music teacher does a wonderful job of coordinating several choral/instrumental concerts throughout the year. Girl Scouts also has their Juliette (girls without a troop) program in the gym on Thurs. The classes, on average, are 22 students instead of the 25 plus at other schools.

Posted July 17, 2005
I like the school so far.I love the teachers and the friends I made so far.I love it and would want other parents to put their kids in this school like my mom did with me!

William Penn Elementary School 1

Posted May 18, 2005
I'm dissapointed with the school district because this school is just extremely poor. I don't understand (for example) out of all the years the years they had to pick this year not to allow the 5th graders not to go to Camp Keith? They didn't even allow them to try to raise the money on their own to go!

2201 San Emidio Street, Bakersfield, CA  93304
Last modified William Penn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William Penn Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top