Bakersfield, CA

Posted May 17, 2013
north beardsley elementary is where my children went to school and now my grandchildren go there i would not have it any other way

Posted June 15, 2012
I started Beardsley school when I was in the second grade,,my teachers name was Miss Edwards? or Wilson? long time ago,,I graduated 8th grade there in 1953. I was friends with Elma Frost, Patricia Patterson, Sandy Gavin and Dorothy Niedel,,if anyone of you remember I would love to hear from you! My Name is Barbara Northington, I had a brother a couple years behind me named Richard. we would love to hear from any of you!!!

Posted September 29, 2011
My daughter came from Wingland Elementary (k-3) and she started her fourth grade year here. I wish she would have started here earlier!Wingland did not allow my child to improve in her reading they kept her at a 1st & 2nd grade reading level for 2 years! The Librarian wouldn't allow her to check out books that were at a 3rd grade level at wingland. Ever since coming to North Beardsley they have allowed my daughter to excel in reading and now she is at a 4th grade reading level!IMAGINE THAT! they do not prohibit them from checking out books that are at their grade level like Wingland did. She just got her first progress report the other day and she has A's and B's and last school year at Wingland they were all D's and F's. I also love how the school allows the children to bring snacks and drinks from home to eat at recess. this was unheard of at Wingland you would of got a write up if you got caught doing that!The teachers are wonderful the staff is amazing and all of the kids there seem laid back and content! I am a room mom there and I get to see how things are ran in and out of the class and I am very pleased! they give the kids a chance to thrive and excel in & out of the class.

North Beardsley Elementary School 3

Posted November 09, 2010
FIRST I WAS DISSAPOINTED TO HERE THAT THERE WON'T BE ANY FIELD TRIPS THIS YEAR DUE TO "LACK OF FUNDING", NOW I HERE THERE WON'T BE ANY AFTER SCHOOL GATE PROGRAM. REALLY??? OUTSIDE OF GETTING A TEACHER TO VOLUNTEER, HOW EXPENSIVE CAN IT BE FOR TOOTHPICKS, POPCICLE STICKS AND GLUE? I BET YOU COULD TAKE ONE OF THOSE TARGET GIFT CARDS YOU GIVE OUT, OR EVEN SELL THE TEACHER MICROPHONES ON E-BAY AND FUND SOME OF THESE PROGRAMS. I KNOW MY CHILD WOULD RATHER HAVE FIELD TRIPS AND GATE THAN SUMO SUITS, T-SHIRTS AND BOUNCE HOUSES. I FEEL THAT THE KIDS ARE MISSING OUT. NO WONDER THE TEST PERCENTAGE IS SO LOW.

North Beardsley Elementary School 3

Posted June 09, 2006
I am transfering my children from Beardsley. I went to Beardsley when I was younger and always thought it was a great school. Then I had kids of my own and realized that Beardsley wasn't all it cracked up to be. They didn't teach a whole lot to my daughter. She had trouble with reading until third grade. They kept on passing her through grades without her being up to standard with her reading. So I guess you can say that I'm not too happy with this school.

Posted May 26, 2005
The school is awesome with an awesome group of teachers! The teachers care about the students and wether they succeed or not. A+A+A+A+

Posted April 01, 2005
- a administrator
The program provides opportunities for all students to succeed.

Posted March 31, 2005
My child has gone to North Beardsley for 3 years. We think this school is awesome with wonderful teachers that care about their students. The Principal is awesome as well. WONDERFUL SCHOOL!

North Beardsley Elementary School 4

Posted February 19, 2005
this school has some good qualities and some not, the reading program there is really good but as for GATE program and GATE teacher are terrable.

Posted January 31, 2005

North Beardsley Elementary School
900 Sanford Drive, Bakersfield, CA  93308
Last modified North Beardsley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Beardsley Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top