Bakersfield, CA

Virginia Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted May 19, 2014
I never thought I'd be so disappointed in a school. The staff is lazy. They obviously have low standards when it comes to teaching. I have a bright daughter who is board at school because they teach the same thing over and over. Where is the challenge in that? I've also whitnessed bulling at the school because my daughter is white. The school staff often ignores it. My daughter should never have to come home with bruises on her legs! After this year my daughter will never come back here! I have nothing good to say about this school.

Posted April 19, 2012
I have found that the key to being happy with a school is parent involvement, with that said, Virginia Ave. does a great job! Of course there are teachers everywhere that maybe should not be teaching, but our experience so far at this school (my daughter has attended K 1st, and 2nd here) has been positive. The teachers and administrators work very hard, they are caring and committed to seeing their students succeed. The only issue I've noticed is when a booster club meeting is scheduled, we're lucky to get 2-3 parents to show up out of 800 kids, the parents are not being involved and it is not because the school doesn't encourage it. Recently I attended 1 of 3 district wide parent meetings to discuss the new school demographics where about 5 parents showed up. I support Virginia Ave and stay involved and have had a positive experience with this school and the teachers there.

Posted October 13, 2009

Posted November 09, 2006
Virginia Avenue School has a staff of caring and committed teachers. The teachers work hard to make sure the students receive the help they need to be confident and successful. Teachers also work hard to help parents understand the academic requirements and how they can help their children. Parental involvement makes all the difference in a child's success. The Kindergarten teachers do an excellent job meeting with the parents and giving workshops for the families with concrete ideas and activities to take home. It's a great school with a friendly and welcoming environment.

Virginia Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted August 22, 2005
My daughter went here for the 2004-2005 school year. This school does absolutely nothing for the kids. My daughter will not be returning to this school. She now has a very bad view of school at the age of 5. Hopefully this year and the new school will change her view.

Virginia Avenue Elementary School
3301 Virginia Avenue, Bakersfield, CA  93307
Last modified Virginia Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Virginia Avenue Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top