Bakersfield, CA

Posted January 28, 2014
AWESOME! Best school in Bakersfield, the principal loves all the kids and knows most by name. The principal and teachers are very involved in school functions and truly want all kids to succeed!

Posted April 09, 2012
My kids are in thier second year at Columbia and we love it! The teachers and staff are amazing!!! One of my children has had some learning difficulties and the principal, spec ed team, speech teacher, etc have gone above and beyond to make sure he gets the help that he needs!!

Posted December 05, 2010
I have my daughter for the second year at Columbia and cannot be happier with it. I love the possibility to be involved as a volunteer and both year this was really encouraged by the teachers. What I see every week when I go is a great group of skilled teachers taking great care of the kids, a principal talking with the kids during recess, and another bunch of parents helping around. Academically is excellent, but she also gets to learn how to be compassionate, gentle, strong and healthy. I truly recommend Columbia to anybody and I can t wait for my other 2 kids to start K in this great school.

Posted June 11, 2009
My daughter attends Columbia. The school is awesome. The teachers are great and really push the children to exceed thier goals. Mr Jager is the Principal, I have never seen a prinipal who interacts with the children and thier families as he does. Columbia is wonderful I would recommend it to everyone!

Posted August 17, 2008
I have 2 kids that went k-6 at Columbia. The incredible support from the top on down made the difference in my kids being the success that they now are. My daughter just graduated high school and was ranked #4 in her class with a 4.45. This is due in a very large part to the wonderful, giving, and dedicated staff at Columbia. Thank you... from the bottom of my heart!!

Posted July 06, 2007
Columbia Elementary is an amazing school in every way. Our principal is a moral and compassionate person who sets high standards for himself, staff and students and makes himself available to anyone with concerns. The entire staff is dedicated to every child on campus and this often means extra time given for extra help, after-school clubs, our carnival or other activities. We've had only excellent experiences for the past five years. There is much parent/family participation in and out of the classroom and in fact we feel a part of the entire Columbia/Fruitvale family. We absolutely would (and do) recommend Columbia to everyone looking for an excellent educational experience for their child.

Posted July 06, 2007
Columbia Elementary is a wonderful school. The teachers are all very good. The principal's exemplary leadership is such a positive asset to the students. Parental involvement, as well as grandparents and siblings, is seen everyday throughout the school. Having been involved with Columbia Elementary for the past 5 years, I cannot give enough thanks to the whole staff for a great educational experience. If there is any doubt, just look at past academic accomplishments, Distinguished School Award etc.

Posted July 28, 2006
My children and I love Columbia! It's like a family where staff,parents,and students care for one another. Students are taught to respect each other. teachers keep parents well informed with weekly newsletters.

Columbia Elementary School 4

Posted May 25, 2006
An awesome school. Great teachers

Posted October 12, 2005
Columbia is awesome. There is lots of parent envolvment. The teachers encourage this. The principal is envolved in the children's activities. I have had a great 3 years here at columbia

Columbia Elementary School
703 Mondavi Way, Bakersfield, CA  93312
Last modified Columbia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Columbia Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top