Bakersfield, CA

Leon H. Ollivier Middle School 1

Posted April 15, 2013
My grandson has ADHD and attended Greenfield Middle School. The school should be SHUT DOWN, horrible teachers, principal, etc. Trust me this district hasn't a clue how to handle or deal with children with ADHD. We need to picket this school district. My grandsons 6th grade teacher threw pens, marker, etc. at my grandchild and the teacher thought it was funny!

Leon H. Ollivier Middle School 2

Posted March 08, 2013
I would like to meet my daughters teachers. i was told i have to email them.

Leon H. Ollivier Middle School 4

Posted May 25, 2010
I love the fact that all pretty much all of the staff is still there from 16 yrs ago. My daughter attends ollivier and She loves it I think it is a great school and the staff really cares about the students.

Leon H. Ollivier Middle School 3

Posted September 06, 2009
they are very strict on the dress code other than that it is a great school

Posted May 03, 2008
I have 2 boys attending there this year. We have moved a lot and so experienced 3 different middle schools in the past 2 years. This school has been the best. The staff has been an incredible help. Communication has been good. The band teacher and track coach have been awesome. Great school.

Leon H. Ollivier Middle School

Posted August 15, 2007
My husband and I are very disappointed in the low standards that Olivier Middle School have. Our son, who is ADD does not get the help that he needs to meet the state standards. He is still printing instead of writting in cursive. His reading and language arts skills are below grade level, the teachers do not push the students to excel, the homework that is given is very minimal, to say the least. We feel that spending two weeks or a month on reviewing for the state STAR test is cheating, because it does not give an accurate assessment of the children's actual abilities in the subjects that are being tested.

Posted October 12, 2006
I think this school is well structured and that the principal is concerned, as well as, most of the teachers and staff, about all the children that attend Ollivier. A problem with my son was quickly taken care of and things seem to be running smooth. I really appreciated the quick response by the principal and counselor. Most all the staff at this school work with the parents to give their children the best education possible.

Posted September 23, 2005
Academic programs are very clear for the pupils to understand,there also are great deal of help in any subject. My grandson attends ollivier school and I love the change in him to attend everyday. He enjoys the classes and the teachers.

Leon H. Ollivier Middle School
7310 Monitor Street, Bakersfield, CA  93307
Last modified Leon H. Ollivier Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Leon H. Ollivier Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top