Bakersfield, CA
Students enrolled: 1,935

Highland High School 2

Posted August 06, 2014
I have been uncomfortable with the treatment my child received at the hands of the security personnel at this school. Admin was not receptive to discussion. I have not been pleased with cooperation of some of the teacher, either. A science teacher gave a list of assignments to be completed, but kept changing it, until my child and I were both confused. Meeting with her was no help.

Posted August 06, 2009

Posted July 11, 2009
Highland is a wonderful school with lots of school spirit! The staff is always willing to help the kids out and prepare them for what lies ahead. Our cafeteria staff is the best and makes sure the kids are eating healthy! Our sports programs are doing very well and I am very happy that my daughter attends there. She is safe and I am at peace when she is at school. Security is always doing what they can to protect our children and they care about them. The counselors are great! Highland is a great school!

Highland High School 0

Posted July 02, 2009
highland is a great school! before it was not and highland is not full of hoodlums!?! it truely is a great school the spirit is awesome students are very much involvled! we have great teachers and our sports have gotten way better our football team is getting really good so dont say its a bad school cause its not!

Highland High School 1

Posted October 13, 2008

Posted August 29, 2008
Highland High is one of the best school in KHSD.Perhaps is on of the best high schools in Califron. Awesome School! Go Scots!

Highland High School 4

Posted August 15, 2008
im not much for school spirit, but the taxi driver/mailman remark struck a nerve. im entering my junior year at highland, and although i know it isnt the best high school in bakersfield, we have outstanding staff and exteracarricular activities, as well as students. and as for the sports remark. . . have you seen our football team?! you obviously have no clue what you are talking about. although, our ladies tennis team rocks! C: Go Scots.

Highland High School 1

Posted May 21, 2008

Highland High School 4

Posted April 04, 2006
Great School, my kids learned a lot there and the teachers are very dedicated!

Highland High School 2

Posted January 13, 2006
If what you want is your child to be a truck driver, a taxi driver or a mailman than Highland High is fine. If you want your child to become a Doctor, an Attorney or an engineer look elsewhere. Many students look more like hoodlums than students. Sports seem to be the only thing going for Highland so if you child is the next Barry Bonds go for it, hopefully he won't turn into a O.J. Simpson.

Highland High School
2900 Royal Scots Way, Bakersfield, CA  93306
Last modified Highland High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highland High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top