Bad
Good

Posted June 08, 2014
I love Norris Elementary, it's a great school! Teachers are excellent and really care about the students. There is also a lot of parent support in the class rooms and at school functions. If you are just moving to Bakersfield and don't know what school district to move into I suggest Norris. I moved here 5 years ago from Los Angeles county and my kids have always gone to private schools because the public schools there are terrible. Norris is the first public school my kids have ever gone to and yes the school has a lot more kids than I was used to but I was so impressed with the school and teachers sometimes I forget they are at public school.

Posted August 20, 2013
My child loves being a Norris Squire. Love how the school gives the children the opportunity to be involved in extra curricular activites. Teachers are wonderful and caring. They're really involved in each child's academic performance.

Posted May 08, 2006
Academics is great! My child enjoys this positive learning environment. The principle hands on and willing to help when issues have come up. The PTC is active in many areas, I do wish they had a better fine art program. I came from 2 other districts that had an excellent, parent led fine art program and I miss that as well. I would also like to see more performances or assemblies where the children get to perform as well as a talent show. The other area I miss is awards assemblies where the children are acknowledged for things such as honor roll or superstar or things like that. As far as the education they are receiving I think it is excellent.

Posted January 11, 2006
As far as public elementary schools in Bakersfield, I think the Norris school district is the best. I like the relatively small class size and low teacher turn over rate. I do feel that Norris Elementary has higher expectations for their students then other schools. My child is only in the first grade but the two teachers we've had thus far have been very good.

Posted February 27, 2005
I really love Norris. The teachers are wonderful and exceptionally qualified. They work with all the children on their level, but they expect and encourage them to reach their full potential. They welcome and greatly encourage parent involvement. I must say the number of moms and dads who come through on a daily basis is great. When its time for awards, parties, or special programs watch out because Norris is bursting at the seams with families, teachers and faculty. The principal and office staff know the children by name as well as most of the parents on sight. We are always greeted with a smile. I truly believe that not only does Norris have the best teachers, parents and office staff, but I know that we do have the best principal anywhere. Our principal is always patient yet firm with even our repeat offenders. Everyday is a new beginning here.

Posted September 17, 2003
This is a wonderful school and a great school district. My kids have gone to Norris since Kindergarten. I have a 7th grader and a 4th grader. I highly recommend this school and district to anyone who wants their child/ren in a safe, family-like, academic setting. Check out the schools API. They are #2 for Kern County!

Norris Elementary School
7110 Old Farm Road, Bakersfield, CA  93312-9005
Last modified Norris Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Norris Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top