Bakersfield, CA

Posted July 28, 2014
I am a student of Norris middle school and between the teachers and students there is more favoritism with some students them others. The teachers at Norris aren't exited about teaching and the kids are not interested so they don't get it. As a former student I would say they don't decrease the population of bulling they increase it and that's why I hate going there. There are better schools in oil dale where I live and the yard aid (staff) try to get you in trouble and I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone who like learning because they will ruin it for you. I know they did for me!!

Posted November 04, 2012
This school is a joke. We recently moved to this area and my child is already falling behind academically, the standards are so low. The teachers are unmotivated and do not follow through with what they say. The office staff are far to busy controlling (borderline bullying) students instead of acting like adults. These people can't even clear an absence correctly! The principal(s) are no better. We are already looking for a new place to live because I have to get my child out of this school. Do your child a favor and avoid this substandard school.

Posted December 17, 2009

Posted May 06, 2009

Norris Middle School 3

Posted December 25, 2008
NMS is high in academics because of supportive parents that keep on top of their children. The staff is excellent to mediocre. It is a great school, but the safety of your child is coming into question. The school is growing as is the community, and the small-town mentality of the administative staff is not keeping pace with reality - fast enough. The diverse group of students get by with a lot more than the staff cares to know. Parent

Norris Middle School 0

Posted October 30, 2008
Norris is the greatest! It has the best teachers ever! The office workers are great! Homework club could be better, but its still good! On a scale 1 to 5, its a 5!

Posted September 29, 2008

Posted September 29, 2008
Parent, teacher and students should work together. I don't see that. The office staff is so controling and they act like middle schoolers, how can a parent be a parent. The curriculum is awsome. If you are a struggling student I don't see any x-tra help. Homework club is not consistant. At this age kids forget things or they had a bad morning with thier parents, why can't we bring it to them. Office staff could cooperate or atleast be nice so we wouldn't feel like the worst person ever. Calling to ask a question %80 of the time they are rude and the district office is bad too. 11,12,13 year old kids are going through alot of changes and need all of us to work together and Norris could really get some better manors. Teacher's 50% very good and the other 50% need a reality check.

Posted September 02, 2008

Posted July 19, 2008

Norris Middle School
6940 Calloway Drive, Bakersfield, CA  93312
Last modified Norris Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Norris Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top