Bakersfield, CA

Olive Drive Elementary School 3

Posted June 23, 2011
Loved the school at first, but only if you fit into their mold. When my kid was bullied they said they had a no tolerance policy, but didn't hold true unless a teacher saw it happen. Principal told me that he holds some students with "good parental support" to a higher standard and those without it don't get disciplined the same because parents won't follow through at home. ended up at urgent care 4 times in one year because of things that happened at school, but I was not made aware of by the school, but every little head bump they were calling home. not for a dislocated joint or jammed finger. Coming in as a new parent, there was no room to be explained certain things, you were just expected to know about activities and how they work.

Posted November 20, 2009
Outstanding school with Outstanding Teachers. I wouldn't send my children to any other elementary school in Bakersfield.

Olive Drive Elementary School 0

Posted March 31, 2009
We moved her from the southwest and nothing compares. the kids at parents at olive drive are have values that we admire. the parents are involved i have never seen so many parents at a school fucntion. it is an amazing school. My children grades are above standards kudos to the teachers.

Posted February 20, 2007
This is our second year at Olive Drive and we couldn't be happier. This year (2006) we were ranked #1 in Kern County in API scores. I'm not sure where the 30 number in average class size is coming from since we've never had more than 19 kids in my son's classes. Parent involvement is high at this school and the teachers work well with the parents. The office staff is great as well. They are friendly and somehow they know every kid by name. The Norris district has higher expectations for the students as well. They go beyond the state minimum requirements starting in Kindergarten.

Posted September 05, 2006
This is my first year at Olive Drive Elementary, and so far we are loving it. The teachers in the Kindergarten are wonderful group of teachers.The six of them work together as a team to not only educate our children, but to make sure that they are well loved and safe at all times.Our teach when letting the kids go home, she makes sure she has eye contact with the parent before letting them go.In the cafeteria, all the teachers help their children with opening their food and making sure that they are comfortable before leaving to go eat themselves.I love the fact that all six teachers work together in partnership to educate our children.Keep up the great job that you all are doing.Thank you for loving my son as if he was your own.

Posted April 03, 2006
Great school...wonderful teachers, amazing classified staff, and a knowledgeable principal. Parents are encouraged to actively participate in their student's education. There are a P.E. teacher and a music teacher, plus choir and band for 5th graders. The learning environment and academic records make this a wonderful school.

Posted December 04, 2004
We love our school! I have had four children attend Olive Drive, and they have received and are receiving an excellent education. My two older children were fully prepared for high school and have excelled among their peers as a result of their attendance at Olive Drive Elementary School and Norris Middle School.

Posted December 04, 2004
Great school! There's a family feeling at Olive Drive, and my children are happy, loved and well educated there.

Posted November 03, 2004

Olive Drive Elementary School
7800 Darrin Avenue, Bakersfield, CA  93308
Last modified Olive Drive Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Olive Drive Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top