Bad
Good

This is a wonderful school with outstanding teachers. Ms Dye the principal is a phenomenal person, who truly cares about her students. Children here have the privilege to be part of Buena Vista Gardens, where the awesome staff teaches the children how to grow fresh vegetables from seed and prepare meals in the kitchen located onsite. I can't say enough great things about this school, and I know my son will have fond memories for years to come. Thank you for making a difference. Go Bulldogs!!! =)

My daughter is 3rd grade at Buena Vista and she likes the school. The teachers are great. My child get honor and principles list. She loves the garden because they show her how to plant different kind of vegetable.

My children have been attending here for the past 5 years. The principle and the teachers are awesome. The support I have had is awesome. The Parent club is prenominal and my children get honor and principles list.

My daughter is 2nd grade at BV and we like the school. The teachers are great. They also have a wonderful garden school that is extremely benefited.

My son attended Buena Vista 2010-2011. He was behind in reading and math. We attended an SST meeting and made a plan, when we followed it it was just dropped and the plan was never implemented. I found that my child's education has been externalized and that if I don't teach him he will never improve. We were told he would have to start homework during the weekend if he was going to keep up . He had two to three hours of homework a night. He also had to learn all his spelling words at home as the teacher said" that is a parent/child activity" I had to question what they did at school all day. His teacher was very inconstant in getting SST plan materials home to me I had to go pick them up often or we would just have to do without. He never missed a homework package and yet they insisted on holding him back . I am going to move forward with a formal complaint as my son never benefited from the SST plan of action due to his teachers lack of focus.

I have a first grader and third grader at BV and our experiences with the school have been very good. They have each had wonderful teachers who have challenged them and provided positive classroom environments. I've been pleased with the principal and office staff as well. The school is large but they know my children by name. Yes, class sizes are too large and programs have had to be scaled back or cut, but those issues are a result of the state budget deficit and not just BV in particular.

My daughter loves her teacher and school and we are impressed with her reading this year. Just the class size we don't like, she has 30 kids in 1st grade, with an aide but still far too many!

Love Buena Vista. Fantastic parents, staff and students. Very down to earth and yet highly educational. My children have excelled greatly at this school.

my son is a 1st grader at B.V and i don't like it i rather would of like to put him at old river but it was full b.v has to many flies and bees during the summer and has a swamp and fields surrounding it and that makes it smell bad. then when its time to pick up my son i have to leave 10 min before because or else theres trafic

My son is currently in their kindergarten program and has extremely benefited from the immersion program they run. However, my only complainant is based on the parent leadership at the school. It is very apparent that the PTA and other parent volunteers are not reflective of the community nor its needs. The voice of parents of color are often unheard and overshadowed. A more ethnic and socio-economic based representation of parent leadership is crucially lacking here!

Last modified Buena Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.