Bakersfield, CA
Before care: Yes

Laurelglen Elementary School 2

Posted January 10, 2014
For the past two years my son's teachers have failed miserably. There is little to no involvement between the teachers and parents, my son complains daily about teachers ignoring him during class. So many things could be improved on here...

Laurelglen Elementary School 4

Posted December 14, 2013
I have 2 sons at this school. Both are enjoying school daily and have excellent caring teachers this year. The homework level is appropriate, just enough so that I am aware of what they are learning but not so much that is takes away from family time. The art program is fantastic. We also enjoy the music, choir programs that are available to the older students. Each year the parent club brings in the Missoula Children's Theatre which my children have been blessed to be a part of. The parent club also sponsors a field trip for each grade level. One way the teachers differentiate instruction is by making use of the computer lab - Lexia, AR, programs. Reading is encouraged thru participating ini the battle of the books and accelerated reader programs.

Laurelglen Elementary School 1

Posted October 01, 2012
The principal is simple arrogant and thinks that all the parents are illiterates! She communicates rudely and is unfair in many ways .Most staff are all there for paychecks and care less.

Laurelglen Elementary School 3

Posted February 14, 2010
While I loved my daughter's teacher last year, this year's teacher is sorely lacking. The woman hardly ever says anything positive to me. She constantly complains about the situation the schools are in with the increase of class sizes. I would have thought she would have got over it by now, but she is still bitter and I don't think she really cares whether the kids are learning or not. She told me that she has 6 good kids out of 31 and guess what, mine wasn't included in that rank. I get notes on her papers telling me that my daughter was messing around for 20 minutes and that is why things aren't completed. Since I am not there, I can't correct the behavior, so I'm thinking that is what the teacher should be doing.

Laurelglen Elementary School 5

Posted January 13, 2006
Laurelglen is wonderful! The quality and the overall care for childern is at the most highest.

Laurelglen Elementary School 4

Posted September 22, 2005

Laurelglen Elementary School 5

Posted June 02, 2004
This is an awesome school. I have two girls that attend this school, one in 2nd and one in Kindergarten. The teachers are very caring, friendly, and easy to talk to. The principal is caring and takes the time to get to know the kids. They always have fun activities for the students and also for the family to enjoy together. I would recommend this school to anybody!

Laurelglen Elementary School
2601 El Portal Drive, Bakersfield, CA  93309
Last modified Laurelglen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Laurelglen Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top