Sing Lum Elementary School 1

Posted August 22, 2014
I absolutely agree with previous reviews. This school is disorganized and teachers are rude to students. There is a culture of apathy, a lack of supervision, and a chaotic environment due to constant lack of communication among school teachers, administration, and school workers. Everyone I pose a question to, has another new and incorrect answer and no one seems to care how their lack of information, organization, and their attitudes affect the poor students who must attend this school. To be honest I would of gave this school a "0" & they're finally remodeling the campus, but instead of making sure the children have new bathrooms or cafeteria. .they instead focus on the offices etc Really? What about the children?

Sing Lum Elementary School 2

Posted November 15, 2013
This school has a horrible rotation schedule for students starting as young as the second grade. This is not developmentally appropriate, and is not beneficial for students or teachers. The staff either lack training or are lacking knowledge in developmentally appropriate strategies for learning. Also, the paraprofessionals are less than professional, to say the least. The parent involvement is high, and the families in the area really do care for the students.

Posted May 23, 2011
This school really benefited me into the 7th grade. The unique styles used by teachers, the principal, and the extra-curricular activities make this small school truly unforgettable!! I hope you had as good as an experience as I had.

Sing Lum Elementary School 3

Posted November 06, 2008
My two children attend this school and they love it. The teachers do their best, but it appears my kids get unfairly punished sometimes. I'm strongly considering relocating.

Sing Lum Elementary School 3

Posted September 09, 2006
I moved from the SF Bay area and had my house built near this school. My child was taught so much. I do not believe they service the whole child.

Posted November 01, 2005

Posted February 04, 2004
This has been a great school for our two children. Their teachers are caring, supportive and very enthusiastic. The academic program is high quality.

Posted August 26, 2003
I currently have 2 children attending Sing Lum and 1 that previously attended and is now in Jr. High. Sing Lum Eleentary has provided and continues to provide its student with the best possibly environment condusive to learning. My children are very happy with the atmosphere and our experience with the staff and Mr. Boles, the Principal have been excellent. This school provides a very caring environment and Mr. Boles continues to prove his caring concern to the children and parents by ensuring that he knows all the students and makes it a point to know all the parents. To the Sing Lum Lions, parents, and school staff and adminitrators...you're the best!

Sing Lum Elementary School
4600 Chaney Lane, Bakersfield, CA  93311
Last modified Sing Lum Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sing Lum Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.