Bad
Good

Just moved from up north and had my oldest son overflowed to this school. I would have to agree with the previous comments about the front office. One of the secretaries in the front office was not the friendliest person and was even a little condescending towards me. I also feel like staff in general isn't very friendly or welcoming. My son's teacher is great though. However, too bad my first impression was the front office and my day to day experiences with other staff members aren't very good.

I absolutely agree with previous reviews. This school is disorganized and teachers are rude to students. There is a culture of apathy, a lack of supervision, and a chaotic environment due to constant lack of communication among school teachers, administration, and school workers. Everyone I pose a question to, has another new and incorrect answer and no one seems to care how their lack of information, organization, and their attitudes affect the poor students who must attend this school. To be honest I would of gave this school a "0" & they're finally remodeling the campus, but instead of making sure the children have new bathrooms or cafeteria. .they instead focus on the offices etc Really? What about the children?

Front office is horrible! The two secretaries upfront shouldn't be working in a school environment. Both of their personalities are very rough and tough. Diana can come across as nice sometimes, but only once she is put in her place, but Kathy lacks social skills and compassion.They are not considerate of parent or children's needs from what I've personally witnessed. It's very heartbreaking to walk through the office and hear the tone in which they communicate with the children. I assume many parents are aware of this, but feel like nothing will be done about this problem. Maybe if more parents post their thoughts on this subject, changes can be made. My intention is not to have these women fired, but rather have them work on their social skills, it's important for them to realize that they have a profound effect on everyone they come in contact with, both parents and children. I want my children to enjoy every aspect of their school and feel comfortable in their environment at all times.

This school has a horrible rotation schedule for students starting as young as the second grade. This is not developmentally appropriate, and is not beneficial for students or teachers. The staff either lack training or are lacking knowledge in developmentally appropriate strategies for learning. Also, the paraprofessionals are less than professional, to say the least. The parent involvement is high, and the families in the area really do care for the students.

This school really benefited me into the 7th grade. The unique styles used by teachers, the principal, and the extra-curricular activities make this small school truly unforgettable!! I hope you had as good as an experience as I had.

My two children attend this school and they love it. The teachers do their best, but it appears my kids get unfairly punished sometimes. I'm strongly considering relocating.

Last modified Sing Lum Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.