Bad
Good

Posted May 03, 2015
This school is excellent. I transferred my son from Loudon. My son is on second grade was put in a combo class with third grade. At the beginning he was not happy, he missed his friends from Loudon. Combo class was very hard fro him. However; he learned to work hard and I am so impressed how much my son has learned in this school with Ms Robertson, he is now very happy, he loves Ms Robertson, his teacher, he requested to have the same teacher on third grade. I told him but you said before that there is so much work to do everyday in this school. Are you sure you want Ms Robertson to teach you again?, and he said yes. He told me that he learned to do hard homework everyday and he is fine with that. My son use his own laptop. I had helped in the class and I had seen how hard all the kids work in their class. I am very happy with Ms Robertson she is an excellent teacher, she is also very fun. She always take the kids on field trips. My son is very happy in this school, and he is learning a lot of things of third grade too. I am glad that I changed my son to Mcauliffe.

Posted August 20, 2013
My grandson started his third year at Christa McAuliffe yesterday. Staff was welcoming and friendly. The principle was out and about being helpful and kids saying "Hello Mr. Pokett, as if they missed him. Really sounded like they did. Great to see how organized Staff was on the first day of school. Linda

Posted May 16, 2013
McAuliffe school is one of great school in Bakersfield. My son is 5 and 7years old and both loves the school and teacher.

Posted April 30, 2013
This school has a lovely campus, a diverse student population, and a generally warm and open atmosphere. Parent involvement is welcomed and encouraged, especially in the lower grades. There are many excellent, motivated teachers and, as with most schools, a couple who are less so. As a parent, I wish there were more differentiation in instruction for kids at different academic levels, but from my kids' perspectives, the school has been great. They are really happy there. Students especially seems to enjoy the music, choir, and intramural sports that are offered in 4th-6th grades.

Posted October 10, 2012
i dont go to this school but my bff is going to move to this school and im so sad

Christa Mcauliffe Elementary School 2

Posted March 30, 2012
Well Mcauliffe elementary has yet to teach 1-3 graders science , social studies , . The teachers are simply there and do not care if a child is bullied.Infact they will tell the victim to go deal with the problem . It is very sad.

Posted March 05, 2012
This is a great school in a great location. My son continues to learn something new every day and receives many rewards for good behavior. My only "gripe" would be about the after school daycare teachers. The morning teacher is often late and grumpy and the afternoon teacher tends to be biased towards the girls and not very understanding.

Posted December 03, 2008
McAuliffe school just gets better and better over the year..I am a member of the School Site Council, Parent Club and a room parent for my child class. I just love all of the activities that the school offers to the children and parents.. My 10 year old currently attend there and in 4 years i plan on putting my other child in there as well.. thank you McAuliffe staff and families.

Posted February 02, 2007
I have a first-grader in attendance. The on-site before/after school daycare, run by the District and not a parks department, is quite an asset because my dtr goes from school straight to the daycare building and I pick her up at 5:30. We are so pleased with the arrangements and curriculum, little brother will be starting kindergarten next year. We are not even considering a private school!

Posted June 02, 2006
Absolutely awesome school! My daughter has attended for 4 years and I couldn't be happier. Academics wise, they are right up there as one of the top in Bakersfield. I am very involved as a parent, and every teacher welcomes parents to help out in whatever way they can....whether it is working directly with the kids or as simple as making copies. We would like to move, but this school is so amazing that we are willing to wait until our daughter graduates 6th grade. I highly recommend this school to anyone even considering it!

Christa Mcauliffe Elementary School
8900 Westwold Drive, Bakersfield, CA  93311-2153
Last modified Christa Mcauliffe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.