Bad
Good

Almondale Elementary School 5

Posted August 13, 2014
I previously wrote a review about this school, and felt it was time to update it as my second child is attending there. First, this school won the California Distinguished School award, one of only 5 given in the County! Second, the principal has changed and the new principal seems to have put out a little extra effort in making this school one of the best, and he has a fantastic upbeat attitude that the kids love. The school event calendar, which I like to refer to as the lifeline for busy parents, seems to have been regularly kept updated and the automated telephone calls providing information on events, etc is an excellent addition. There is also a marque sign that displays info, along with the info sign on the corner, all helpful in making sure events, both little and large, are not missed. This school also won several attendance awards throughout the year, a reflection of the level of parent involvement here. The school district has also updated their website, and the schools' to be more user friendly and informative, and I love Almondale's new logo! In my opinion this school is in the top 3 of all schools in the County. Keep it up Almondale!

Almondale Elementary School

Posted March 28, 2008
I have mixed feelings about this school. There are good caring christian teachers & great parent involvement. I question the leadership. I remember my principles being hands on and always so happy. I can't say the same about this one. My son has been there for 2 yrs and still can't remember her name. I think that speaks volumes! Happy leader, happy staff, leds to happy students.

Almondale Elementary School 2

Posted March 15, 2006
In the past we have been very excited about this school and the quality of teaching it has. My daughter had a wonderful 'K' teacher who took those extra steps to help the children. I was room mom in both her 'K' and 1st grade class and have been more than happy with the teaching my child received. This year my daughter is in a combo class with an exceptional teacher who really listens to the needs of her students. I appreciate her for this. I am now in the process of leaving the school simply because of the policies. Unfortunately a school can fail with poor leadership.

Almondale Elementary School 5

Posted June 22, 2005
This is a great school with all around excellent caring teachers. The playground has great play structures, and the buildings are well maintained.

Posted April 14, 2005
We have a great grouop of teachers who seem genuinely concerned for our child's education. However, I feel that the school should be a lot more strick with the kids. I have noticed a lot more hitting, name calling, etc., this year more than any other. I feel the children do not feel threaten or concerned about getting a yellow slip or suspension. The principal definitely needs to do more to stop this behavior.

Posted April 14, 2005
Although this is not a religous school, I am aware that there are many teachers that are Christians at this school. For those of us who want our children taught by adults with good morals and values this is the place to send your kids!

Posted March 31, 2005
During my time as an Almondale parent I experienced a few excellent teachers but a few troublesome ones. My biggest complaint about the school would have to be that the teacher's web pages and the school website were rarely updated even though the use of them was highly promoted during back to school nights. Perhaps this has changed since then, I have not had a child there in a year. They have an excellent music program, especially choir.

Almondale Elementary School
10510 Chippewa Street, Bakersfield, CA  93312-5324
Last modified Almondale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.