Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My child has a 504 accommodation for a serious medical condition. The teacher refused to follow and made her run although she was excused from exercise by her physician. This caused her to become faint and have chest pain and palpitations. My child asked for me and to go to the office. The teacher sent her alone. The teacher said (despite a letter from UCLA hematology and her pediatrician) that my daughter was "lying" about her condition. The principal also would not make the teacher follow the 504 plan.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

If a child feels threatened, scared, unsupported and like she is being singled out they learn nothing.

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework was not an issue in this case. The teacher had my child so frightened that she was very careful to not draw attention to herself by not doing her homework.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Completely unacceptable to treat anyone the way my daughter was treated. Especially a child. Unfortunately it also has a weak principal who will not support students.

This is our first year and we have four children attending, grades K, 2, 4, and 6. Each of them love their teachers. The teachers are like their cheerleaders. My children feel supported and encouraged to do well in their work and in doing the right thing. As a bonus, the principal knows them by name and is always friendly with the students as he walks around campus. He is not one to sit and watch or stay locked away in his office (we've dealt with one of those kind at another elementary school, not fun). The teachers constantly communicate with their students' parents so that we know what is being covered and what is coming up. We are so grateful to be at such a caring school.

My son has attended Centennial Elementary from Kindergarten through 6th grade. He has had excellent teachers and an excellent front office staff. The current principal seems involved and concerned, though in honesty we have had/needed little contact with her. We moved from the Panorama area of Bakersfield to the NW specifically to find better schools for our son. We feel completely satisfied that we have achieved our goals.

Centennial Elementary is a wonderful school for our children. The staff cares about our children and the administration is excellent! We moved into this area just so our children could attend Centennial. Thank you Centennial!!

We love Centennials very caring staff members. They are truly there for the children. They make you feel like family. My child learning experience has been a positive one. Thank you for all you do. :)

Last modified Centennial Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.