Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted October 01, 2015
This school is a gem. My 3 children have gone through kinder-3rd grade and only encountered stellar teachers that truly love and care about their students getting the best. This year they brought in a STEM program and all the grades are having fun with science experiments. As a working scientist I still find time to volunteer and have been pleased with what I see in the classrooms as I volunteer each week. The issues we have brought to the principle and staff have been resolved and they have strived to make this environment a place where kids thrive. Class sizes are low and my kids feel like everyone cares about them with the many friendly smiles and listening ears.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted October 01, 2015
Teachers have not overloaded my kids with too much. They focus on what is important and ask for 30 min of reading and spelling and a little math. The assignments that do come home are constructive.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted October 01, 2015
Students learn these qualities from their adult role models. Del Rio is full of stellar role models that truly care about students. I am at the school a lot as a volunteer and see the interaction between staff and kids. Staff is upbeat and happy to talk to students. They remember students by name and are always there to solve issues in a fair and loving way.

Posted October 23, 2014
This is a horrible school. The teachers I have not had a problem with but principle and desk staff are rude. My son was assaulted and because witnessed said he was annoying the kid the child that punched my son and left him bloody noses with clots coming out had no action taken. The principle also did nothing to prevent anything further happen the boy walked home with my son off the bus the very next day! I'm appalled at this and it's no wonder why our children are hurting eachother. Adults are justifying it

Posted October 06, 2014
I have my son in this school teacher horroble they are look rude act rude how they teacher i dont know they must be prisinor i planing take my son from this school next year all they think money not student

Del Rio Elementary School 4

Posted September 05, 2012
My daughter is new to this school she is in the 1st grade and I have to say I am VERY please with the communication between the teacher and myself. I was able to find her teachers email through there website on the 1st day of school. Unlike some of the recent reviews on here I found the website to be very up to date and informative. I check her bag pack daily and saw the flyer for the back to school meet and greet in there. It was also posted online along with the book fair info & other current events... I would definitely recommend this school small classroom sizes and great staff!!

Posted August 17, 2012
Most teachers try to do the bare minimum. The ones that don't, however, tend to ignore parental input and do not communicate well. The campus has black widow nests that have been growing for well over five years. After fifteen years of children and experience at this school, I am glad to say that I will never have to deal with it again and some of the more arrogant teachers.

Posted September 01, 2011
My 2 children have only recently started attending this school and I am very displeased to say the least. Our daughter attended for a little over a month at the end of last year due to our move here from out of state. Our daughter started 4th grade this year and our son kindergarten. Our children say they like their teachers and they appear to be nice as does the principal, however the communication at this school is terrible. As a newer member of the community I have no idea what is going on. No notices or emails for open house or meet the teacher (which we missed due to not knowing). No monthly calendars to see what events or days off they might have. Their website has been down for days so no information there as well. The woman in the office seems to have forgotten what manners are. In the 2 weeks since school has started I have had to speak with the principal and the distract office more than once. I have not only been a member but a chair on the PTA at their old school, however this makes me want to not be involved and that's sad. Looking for houses out of this district already. If you are looking for a great school for your children keep looking.

Posted November 04, 2010
Del Rio is a fantastic school with some of the finest teachers I have seen. Our kidlet is a 5th grader right now and a GATE student. As a professional, I have been quite impressed and pleased with the engagement and ingenuity of the teaching staff, along with, the principal (who is also a very fine man). I highly recommend this school.

Posted June 03, 2009
Del Rio School is a great school. I have two children whom attend, and both have excelled at this school. The teachers go above and beyond to make sure each child is learning. Way to go Del Rio!!!

600 Hidalgo Drive, Bakersfield, CA  93314-3759
Last modified Del Rio Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.