Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Independence Elementary School 3

Posted October 21, 2015
The teachers at this school seem good. However, the secretary that works at the front desk, is one of the rudest people that I have ever dealt with. Every time I come in the office to pick up my child or inquire about something I always greet her with a smile. She on the other hand, glares at me and is never friendly. I happened to be in the office one day and I saw her talking to an Indian parent with such disrespect that I felt sorry for the mom. I think it is time for this secretary to retire or at least take a different job where she is not working with the public. She talks to kids in the same snotty, rude tone as well. A school secretary is often times what makes the first impression that you have of a school. She is the first person you see when you walk through the door. I'm afraid that the hard working teachers and other positives that this school has going for it are overshadowed by her negativity.

Independence Elementary School 2

Posted September 04, 2013
They had no concern for the star test for either of my kids. They didn't care how they did on paper they still passed them through to the next grade. I spent all school year last year teaching at home to compensate for the lack of teaching in the classroom. This school is very involved with PTC and is friendly, but I am disappointed with the curriculum and will be moving at the end of this school year.

Independence Elementary School 5

Posted April 05, 2013
My school is very great and every day the staff is nice and friendly. I have known a lot of these teachers for a while now, and every day they give me a friendly, warm smile. New kids fit in great. This is a great school to attend.

Posted November 11, 2010
this school offers programs to improve ALL students. GATE is a positive, but realistically, few students qualify. The base of my review is that it is for ALL kids inclding specal Ed.

Independence Elementary School 5

Posted March 20, 2010
We started our son in this school in K, then moved. We have moved back just so we could put him and our other kids back in it. I have 2 boys there now, and they tell me how much they love school everyday!

Independence Elementary School 4

Posted May 26, 2009
Great School! My daughter does very well at this school, the staff knows her and greets her warmly. They have many great programs and teachers.

Posted August 19, 2005
Very good school. Rosedale schools overall are top notch in Bakersfield. Many of the teachers are parents within the District, which is a positive sign.

2345 Old Farm Road, Bakersfield, CA  93312-3531
Last modified Independence Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.