Bakersfield, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted February 19, 2014
Valley Schools has a strong spiritual and academic program. Both of my students who are now in high school went to Valley Schools from kindergarten to 8th grade. They are both honor students who have a strong spiritual foundation. The school helped contribute to their success. The faculty and staff are not only qualified, they are also loving and nurturing. It is like a family at Valley Schools. I highly recommend sending your student to Valley Schools!

Posted February 18, 2014
This school is great, I had a daughter attend this school half way through her 8th grade year. She transferred schools due to her behavior at her previous school. In little under 5 months she was a dramatically different person. She was more positive, challenged both spiritually and academically and rose to the challenge. She is now in high school and is not a typical rebellious teenager. Thanks to Valley Schools she is a happy and focused young lady who is involved at the church and is focused on her school and the friends around her. If not for Valley Schools, my daughter would not be as successful as she is.

Posted June 21, 2011
This is a top notch school! My son has been there since pre-school and we couldn't be more happy with the leadership, staff, and academics!

Valley Schools 3

Posted May 02, 2011
Great school as far as the teaching of Christian values but not so good academically. Teachers don't know good teaching methodology. For example when my child was in kindergarten they did not use manipulatives at all, that is, they were teaching conceptual math. At that age kids need to learn tangible math (using blocks, etc) then move to the conceptual math in next grades. Also, when my child was in first grade the teacher was explaining concepts using a projector and a marker (like they do in college), and the children were expected to work by themselves after that. Of course they couldn't, so parents volunteer to help, one parent per group doing the worksheets. I finally got fed up and started to home school since I was the one teaching my child at school anyways. Now I home school and save the money I was spending on tuition and gasoline and my child is learning better with a visual math program from K12.com which is free!!

Valley Schools 4