Posted December 04, 2014
Moved into the district last year and I'm sure glad we did. My daughters academics have improved greatly. She is finally being challenged!

Veterans Elementary School 1

Posted January 23, 2013
Dont believe all the reviews this school allows bullying by teachers children and when comfronted with it they sweep it under the rug .My child attended this school for 4 years and it was a nightmare the third grade teachers are the worst it's like a group of high school bullies if you question what is going on in their class your child is punished in some way .The yard duty parents are almost always on their personal cell phones .My child told them her friend was being picked on and in tears from the name calling and they told them not to be a tattletale .They have a new principal this year hopefully he changes things but since the old principal was promoted to the district office it's doubtful .

Posted October 15, 2012
This school is amazing. My sons have attended since it opened and we have not been disappointed! I wish all schools in Kern county could be modeled after Veterans! The teachers, the parents and and the administration work all for the benefit of the student. Such a team effort to see these kids succeed!! If you are looking for the BEST school...this is where you need to send your kids! I am so upset that the Bakersfield Californian did not recognize Veterans as one of the top 10 API scores in Kern county!! But we all know that they are the TOP!! Way to go Veterans!!!

Posted March 12, 2010
This school is amazing! The principal, Mrs. Miller is absolutely perfect for this school. She challenges the kids everyday to make wise choices. She gets out on the playground and talks with the kids. She is heavily involved and loved by all the kids (and parents). I have 3 kids in this school. K, 2nd and 5th. My 2nd and 5th grader are in their second year at the school...The PTA is involved, the parents are involved, and the campus is new and secure. We have been highly satisifed with the communication with all the teachers our kids have had and I have been room mom for 2 of the teachers. They work together...Kindergarten teachers do large activites together and get parents from all classes to help and it makes for an easy and fun experience. We would recommend this school to anyone in the Norris district!!!

Posted February 02, 2010

Posted February 01, 2010
My son has been attending this school for 3 years now, since it opened. I can't say enough about everyone at the school! The small community feel of the campus is wonderful and really contributes to a positive experience. Each of my son's teachers have been top-notch and so motivated to teach their students! My son's teacher just commented to me today about how great the office staff is and what a wonderful principal we have. I couldn't ask for anything better!

Veterans Elementary School 3

Posted May 21, 2009

Posted November 04, 2008

Posted September 16, 2008
Great teachers and amazing parent involvement. This is a great school and my son loves it.

Posted May 20, 2008
The Best teachers and Staff, the PTC is so involved. The learning standards are set so high that our kids could never be bored. Norris is the best district here in Bakersfield.

Veterans Elementary School
6301 Old Farm Road, Bakersfield, CA  93312
Last modified Veterans Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Veterans Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top