Bakersfield, CA

Douglas J. Miller Elementary School 3

Posted May 26, 2015
Debbie in the office is rude. She talks down to parents and students. Overall the school and the staff are great. It is clean and well maintained, I do however agree that they could have more events or recognition for achievements as other schools have on a regular basis.

Posted May 20, 2015
They don't do anything for the lower kids grades to reward them for their hard work when I asked my child's teacher why my child doesn't get student of the month or citizen ship that it's random and given to children that need a self esteem boost Rather than reward those who give 100% with straight A's I'm very disappointed in this school

Douglas J. Miller Elementary School 5

Posted November 18, 2011
Miller Elementary has great teachers that care, an amazing Principal and is a very clean school!

Posted December 27, 2010
My son goes here and yes the teachers are lazy and don't spend enough time with the kids. The teachers also only have excuses when you ask why there isn't enough help for your student. and yes there isn't enough supervision on campus, I have seen countless bullying and fighting on the playground and yes they don't care. The teachers even complain about that but I don't see them outside helping out. I guess if my son ever starts complaining about bullying etc. I will have to attend school with him to keep him safe. the parent club however is great they really try to help as much as they can too bad the teachers and district can't do their part.

Posted September 24, 2010
This is by far the worst school my children have ever attended. The teachers dont pay enough attention to the students. They dont spend any extra time helping the students who need it. Every other day my kids tell me stories about bullies and fights at school. They cant even manage to organize the way parents drop off and pick up their kids. My kids used to go to a school in the Rosedale School District. At that school they had teachers outside before and after school, directing traffic and keeping people from double parking so that things moved smoothly. Everyday there are lazy parents who dont want to park outside the parking lot and walk so they double park behind the people in the parking lot, trapping them. Yesterday one mom actually called the police on another for this reason. The principal however was a no show. Not surprising!

Douglas J. Miller Elementary School
7345 Mountain Ridge Drive, Bakersfield, CA  93313
Last modified Douglas J. Miller Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Douglas J. Miller Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top