No rating

St. Francis

Private | K-8 | 482 students

Living in Bakersfield

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $70,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $760.

Posted July 31, 2010

What an awesome school... It's a place that you feel safe leaving your kids everyday. You know that they really do care about them in every way. They truely do love their students. I have a child that is ADHD and they have went out of their way big time to work with us to help him get a handle on things. Everyone works together for the good of all the students from the administration to the custodians. I was not raised Catholic, My wife was. And we are most certainly on the low end as far as income goes compared to most of the other parents but we are treated as family at St. Francis Parish School. It's a great place to grow into life as a wonderful person with actual Morals and respect for all people. My kids are completly "Color Blind" how cool is that?

Posted May 18, 2010

l like this school my kid spent most of her schoolyears here,the thing i don't appreciate is that they give more value and recognition to those students who they entitled "St.Francis Court" but hey did not give recognition to those students who worked very hard and won the Academic Decathlon over all the Diocese of Fresno.

Posted November 30, 2009

My son has attended this school for 2 years now and he is the exact opposite of a 'cookie cutter' child. He was actually the 'bad' kid at his old school. I have seen such a change for the better in my child the teachers and principal have made him feel loved nad wanted. I as a single parent would make all the sacrifices I do all over again to see this change in my child.

Posted November 13, 2009

This school does not have room for children who have different learning styles. If your child does not fit into their cookie-cutter expectations, then he or she will not do well. We are deeply disappointed and no longer have our children enrolled there.

Posted May 21, 2009

We have been a St. Francis Parish School family for twelve years. My oldest son and daughter now attend Garces Memorial High School and we feel they were well prepared at SF. I'm sure that some teachers are better than others, but our overall experience has absolutely been positive. Our youngest is 4th grade and we're committed to this school. I am pleased with the educational, religious, and moral lessons. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted February 14, 2009

I itend this school and personally think that not all situations are handeled correctly and professionaly. I have attended this school for almost 12 years now and do not recomend it.
—Submitted by a student

Posted July 14, 2008

I have been pleased with the educational standards at St. Francis. Both my children have been challenged in all subjects. I have seen that they put more effort in earning a good grade and as a result they have also mastered great study habits. St Francis not only has great academics but has an excellent way of teaching morals and ethics through their religious education as well. This is something that many children in society lack. St. Francis has helped my children to be disciplined, responsible, and productive citizens at a young age. I am confident of their education at St. Francis I would recommend this school to anyone that wants to see their children demonstrate their potential and more.

Posted December 6, 2007

What an awesome experience! The students, staff and Pastor make this school #1 in our book! We are blessed to have found such a wonderful school. I would recommend this school to any parent seeking a sound Catholic (Christian) education.

Posted September 9, 2007

Well as I am reading the reviews on file I wonder if the parents are talking about the same school my child use to attend. Weekly reports difficult to obtain and teacher encouragement far and few between. This school is good for overachieving parents who expect this of their children.

Posted December 22, 2005

The staff at St Francis are phenomenal.They truly believe in the education of the child as a whole.They are very understanding and really try to help people who would otherwise not be able to attend this private school.I would encourage anyone considering a private education to come and tour St Francis and talk to the staff and current families

Posted April 12, 2005

This is a terrific school. The staff are all wonderful. The curriculum is challenging for the kids but not so that it is impossible. The goals set for the kids are great and the students feel a sense of accomplishment when the goals are set. As a parent I am well informed of the activities and curriculum of my kids. Parents are given weekly updates of activities taking place in the classroom as well as the lessons taking place during the week. Furthermore, the opportunity to go to the school to share in my kids eduction and activities is priceless.

Posted May 10, 2004

I am very pleased with the school. They not only learn academics, but they learn morals and get a religous and ethical education as well. Something you don't learn in public school. I am vey happy my children are attending this school.

Posted April 6, 2004

St. Francis is a wonderful environment for children to learn and grow within a Catholic environment. The school offers not only the ussual subjects but art, music & PE are still standards as well. The kids have computers, library resources, sports activities, chess club...lots of great things. Things like science fair are mandatory and make sure that the kids are really using what they are learning. Parents are encouraged to be involved and it really creates a welcoming environment for everyone at the school. The after school care is very affordable as well. We have loved our experience and would recommend the school to anyone who wants a great education in a religious environment.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 11% 11%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Sr. Cristina Caballero
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Fresno

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2516 Palm Street