Bakersfield, CA

St. Francis 1

Posted June 10, 2015
I would not recommend this school at all. There is so much political turmoil at the school and have at least 4 "leaders" leading the school. LOW teacher moral---teachers are depressed and just run down. The priest is no where to be seen on campus, lies, and treats the employees horribly, and does not know students and parents, except the ones who have money. What I have personally witnessed: parents in the droves have pulled their children out, and so have I. The school needs to have an overhaul: a major overhaul.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted June 10, 2015
They are somewhat effective--only because the management at the school and church. The teachers love the students, but their moral is low, because of the verbal abuse, and the lack of compassion.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 10, 2015
How can you develop honesty, integrity, and fairness at the school when the administration does not follow the same. The priest only knows the parents and students WITH MONEY. The teachers are treated badly--suffering from verbal abuse. The principal is a nun and is wonderful, but literally cannot do A THING because of the priest. :-(

Posted July 31, 2010
What an awesome school... It's a place that you feel safe leaving your kids everyday. You know that they really do care about them in every way. They truely do love their students. I have a child that is ADHD and they have went out of their way big time to work with us to help him get a handle on things. Everyone works together for the good of all the students from the administration to the custodians. I was not raised Catholic, My wife was. And we are most certainly on the low end as far as income goes compared to most of the other parents but we are treated as family at St. Francis Parish School. It's a great place to grow into life as a wonderful person with actual Morals and respect for all people. My kids are completly "Color Blind" how cool is that?

St. Francis 3

Posted May 18, 2010
l like this school my kid spent most of her schoolyears here,the thing i don't appreciate is that they give more value and recognition to those students who they entitled "St.Francis Court" but hey did not give recognition to those students who worked very hard and won the Academic Decathlon over all the Diocese of Fresno.

Posted November 30, 2009
My son has attended this school for 2 years now and he is the exact opposite of a 'cookie cutter' child. He was actually the 'bad' kid at his old school. I have seen such a change for the better in my child the teachers and principal have made him feel loved nad wanted. I as a single parent would make all the sacrifices I do all over again to see this change in my child.

St. Francis 2

Posted November 13, 2009
This school does not have room for children who have different learning styles. If your child does not fit into their cookie-cutter expectations, then he or she will not do well. We are deeply disappointed and no longer have our children enrolled there.

Posted May 21, 2009
We have been a St. Francis Parish School family for twelve years. My oldest son and daughter now attend Garces Memorial High School and we feel they were well prepared at SF. I'm sure that some teachers are better than others, but our overall experience has absolutely been positive. Our youngest is 4th grade and we're committed to this school. I am pleased with the educational, religious, and moral lessons. I would highly recommend this school.

St. Francis 2

Posted February 14, 2009
I itend this school and personally think that not all situations are handeled correctly and professionaly. I have attended this school for almost 12 years now and do not recomend it.

Posted July 14, 2008
I have been pleased with the educational standards at St. Francis. Both my children have been challenged in all subjects. I have seen that they put more effort in earning a good grade and as a result they have also mastered great study habits. St Francis not only has great academics but has an excellent way of teaching morals and ethics through their religious education as well. This is something that many children in society lack. St. Francis has helped my children to be disciplined, responsible, and productive citizens at a young age. I am confident of their education at St. Francis I would recommend this school to anyone that wants to see their children demonstrate their potential and more.

2516 Palm Street, Bakersfield, CA  93304