K-8|Private

Bad
Good

I currently have 2 daughters at St. John's, one in pre-K and the other in 4th grade. The 4th grader has been there since she was in pre-school. I am not Christian and I actually consider the pervasive religious education to be somewhat of a drawback. Having said that, I like the school because most of the students seem to come from families that value education. My daughters are surrounded by students, staff and other parents who care about their education. This is very important because Bakersfield has a very low education level and many public schools here (even ones with great teachers and funding) struggle with a student culture that is apathetic to education. St. John's is one of the few schools in Bakersfield that has a sufficiently serious academic atmosphere for me to trust my children to.

We love St. John's Lutheran School! My son has been attending for five years now since he was in their Children's Center Preschool. He has grown into a Christ loving, caring little boy. My daughter which is 4 yrs. old is now attending the preschool and we plan on keeping her at St. John's along with our youngest with our 2 yr. old daughter which will also be attending soon. What we love the most about this school is the love of the teachers and staff. It is a Christ oriented education and all other fellow students are respectful with good moral values. We love the challenging academics and feel the school is well rounded. We thank God for the opportunity to be part of the St. John's family!

My Children have just returned to St.Johns for the third year. They are ages 5, 6 and 9. They love their school! What compassion, education and love of christ they are getting. The teachers are excellent as well as the office staff and the principal. They love each and every student that goes there. Parent support is over the top, My son went to the childrens center there and then on the kindergarten, both great schools. Where else can you send your children for a wonderful education, and where they can actually pray without getting kicked out school. I attend chapel every week with my children, and when I count my blessings, St.Johns is at the top!

Last modified St. John's Lutheran is a Private school that serves grades K-8