K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Our children have been going to OKCS for 6 years. They have thrived. My husband and I both work in education and we appreciate the education our children are receiving. They are developing public speaking skills because they have many opportunities to speak in front of others. Their teachers have been caring and seek to make learning fun. We also appreciate the school's chaplain. She does a wonderful job in helping to grow our children's love for the lord. Our children love attending weekly chapel. Thank you OKCS for being wonderful partners with us in educating our children.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

We work in public schools, so the bullying that I have heard about here wouldn't be considered bullying where I work. I want my children to learn how to deal with disagreements and I feel they are supported in learning healthy ways to disagree at this school.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The new principal has made a lot of effort to know all of the children.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school supports individual student's and families when needs arise. I love how the school joins together to support others. They also have many fellowship opportunities to build respect for all students and families.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Our children's teachers work to meet the needs of each child. They also include hands-on learning.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Studies show that homework should be minimal. I feel the school supports this belief. My children have never been overwhelmed with homework.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

With out honest leadership from the administration you cannot teach honesty, integrity, and fairness in students

My child has been attending this school for 3 years and I am so thankful it is over. His 3's teacher was absolutely amazing but after that it turned into a joke. The teachers and administration are happy as long as your kid just sits there and doesn't do anything at all. If your child causes them to get up off their butt or get off their phone they are unhappy. I have received a letter from his teacher and there was about 5 words spelled incorrectly. This school is a joke. Kindergarten has made me realize what a school should be like.

I absolutely love this preschool! The staff is amazing! My daughter is aways singing cute educational songs and bringing home the cutest art projects.

After attending Olive Knolls preschool for 3 years and over $20,000 in tuition later, my son received very little education. His teachers were careless, and more concerned about lunch breaks and pay raises than the quality of education they were providing. In my son's last year at OKCS, he had three teachers during the day and none of them bothered to give parents feedback concerning preparation for kindergarten. I had various issues with security, sleeping teachers and a lack of supervision because teachers consistently had their noses in their cell phones. I would NOT recommend OKCS to anyone.

Last modified Olive Knolls Christian is a Private school that serves grades K-8