K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted April 09, 2015
My child has been attending this school for 3 years and I am so thankful it is over. His 3's teacher was absolutely amazing but after that it turned into a joke. The teachers and administration are happy as long as your kid just sits there and doesn't do anything at all. If your child causes them to get up off their butt or get off their phone they are unhappy. I have received a letter from his teacher and there was about 5 words spelled incorrectly. This school is a joke. Kindergarten has made me realize what a school should be like.

Olive Knolls Christian 4

Posted November 21, 2014
I absolutely love this preschool! The staff is amazing! My daughter is aways singing cute educational songs and bringing home the cutest art projects.

Posted October 08, 2014
After attending Olive Knolls preschool for 3 years and over $20,000 in tuition later, my son received very little education. His teachers were careless, and more concerned about lunch breaks and pay raises than the quality of education they were providing. In my son's last year at OKCS, he had three teachers during the day and none of them bothered to give parents feedback concerning preparation for kindergarten. I had various issues with security, sleeping teachers and a lack of supervision because teachers consistently had their noses in their cell phones. I would NOT recommend OKCS to anyone.

Posted September 24, 2014
NOPE NOPE NOPE! All the GOOD teachers keep getting fired, while the principal keeps hiring all her buddies (some with NO EXPERIENCE) to teach the kids. I have a friend who just got a job there, who has absolutely NO experience or schooling to deal with children. They will paint on the smiles and great attitudes to get you in the door, but once they have your money, they could care less about you. I had SO many issues and the director constantly blamed my child for every little thing. He got sent to the office (a FOUR year old) for throwing dirt on a FENCE. Not on a child, on a FENCE. I was NEVER so happy to get out of there and once we did, i had a whole new child on my hands. This place is rotten to the core and they will hire anyone who is in need of a "babysitting job".

Olive Knolls Christian 5

Posted May 17, 2013
Our children have attended both the elementary and preschool classes. We have LOVED Olive Knolls! We have felt welcomed at all events and welcomed on campus at any time. We are both public school educators and we have been extremely impressed with the curriculum. I feel my children are not only learning the basics, but they are also receiving enrichment opportunities that are far greater than those offered in our neighborhood school. We also feel that the staff is like a family. I feel my children are safe and truly cared for while at school. Olive Knolls is a blessing!

Olive Knolls Christian 3

Posted April 01, 2013
I am basing this review on our experience with OLCS and our two children who attended preschool through grade 2. This poor school needs a serious leadership change. The adminstration is rude, unhelpful and condescending to parents. They immediately establish an adversarial relationship (AFTER you register). Given the high, HIGH cost of tuition, this was unaccceptable. The teachers seemed demoralized and a little over their heads. The ciriculum was a good one at those grade levels. However, we noticed marked favortism to children whose families attended the church. The parental "involvement" was based around a few cliques making us feel (as well as other families) like outsiders. After a few years, this was too much. We moved on.

Olive Knolls Christian 2

Posted March 27, 2013
There's a few good teachers, but most of the staff are rude and the office never seems to know whats going on. It seemed like my kids were getting office trips for minor things, while I witnessed other children doing major things like kicking and slapping other students and they were just given a time out.....not very fair to me.

Posted March 13, 2013
The teachers are rude and there to collect a paycheck. My daughter was there for only 4 months before I switched schools. No one helps you in the office either.

Posted May 15, 2010
OKCS is family. I have worked here for 13 years now and have had the opportunity to work with a wonderful group of people over the years. More importantly I have been able to be a part of so many wonderful students lives. Whne are students graduate they know they always have a place to come back to and that there is always someone waiting with a smile to welcome them and someone always has them in their prayers.

Posted September 17, 2009
OKCS is a great Christian school with awesome teachers and staff.

6201 Fruitvale Avenue, Bakersfield, CA  93308