K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

My check L's has told me numerous times that they daycare teachers are mean and negligent . Suppose you take this man Mason Castillo who is a daycare teacher he makes fun of kids and one time even made a kid cry . My child also told me she saw him playing a very violent zombie game on his phone which I believe is not appropriate on a school environment. Every time I pick my child up is all I see is him and his buddy Freddy another daycare teacher Freddy playing pickup basketball. They are usually on their phones and do t even pay attention to the children.

Effective school leaders: Disagree

Mrs.Rose is a horrible principle she has absolutely no control over the student and is usually very negligent . My child used to go to this school and she used to get harassed and called names by the boys and Ms.Rose if she was a responsible principle and according to the rules should give the kids a referral but she just talked to them and told them not to do it. They continued harassing my child and even though I told her she did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

Develops character: Agree

They are pretty good at discipline but sometimes it is to a fault my kid got in trouble for saying "oh my god "

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

They are all not good at teaching they use ineffective methods and get mad at the students easily. My child once told me is that they talk with other tachers more in a small room and assign the kids homework to finish by themsleves

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

The homework is reppitive and the students receive very little help from the teachers.

I happen to stumble across this website and I'm glad I did because I get the opportunity to brag on Country Christian School. I currently have multiple children attending CCS and I could not be happier. I knew signing my children up here they would be challenged to do their best. Though my children have different strengths and weaknesses when it comes to their academic abilities they are thriving in their classrooms and social environment. Jesus is the head of this campus and there is peace when you enter. The classrooms are well ran and you can tell the staff loves the kids. Thank you Country Christian for an atmosphere where my children not only are excelling academically but it is such a blessing to see their relationship with Jesus blossoming as well.

I am on staff at Country Christian School and I feel the need to speak to some of the comments posted by the parent who posted on July 27, 2012. While it is true that not all of the teachers are credentialed, of the three teachers in the 5th-8th grades, two have their Bachelor's Degree and their teaching credential and the third has a Master's Degree and has passed the CBEST test. In the lower grades, the average time a staff member has taught there is 18 or 19 years. These teachers work for less than half of what a public school teacher makes. They do it because they love their students and they love their job. As to the comment that the curriculum is outdated, the school is run by a board that helps to review the curriculum. One of the board members is a credentialed teacher and another was an administrator here at a Bakersfield school. This is only the third year that we have had a 7th and 8th grade. We purchased all new curriculum for the class two years ago, and because it was just updated we purchased new books for two core classes again this summer. I hope this helps to clear up some of the questions. Please, feel free to call the school if you have more. Thanks

CCS you rock keep up the great work! Thank you for your dedication to the children and open door policy to the parents. Our family looks forward to many more great years!

Our children attended Country Christian School and we loved the school - for the first few years. We found that in the upper grade levels there were flaws in the educational processes. Teachers are not credentialed, certified, and many do not have a college education. The materials are outdated and students do not always have the same text books. The students are pushed to get from point A to B in the educational material with very little attention paid to comprehension and understanding; other than passing or failing an exam. There is a lot of homework and parents are left to supplement the students learning. Public schools, even gifted programs, do not have this much homework. I believe the excessive homework is due to a failure on the school s curriculum and overall educational program. Students who are not average will not do well in this setting. There is no assistance for students with any learning disabilities; nor are there any school support resources. Country Christian School is a good school with an emphasis on Christian values, but there is definitely room for improvement.

I have two children at Country Christian School and they both love it. Both my wife and I were concerned that my daughter would struggle when she started Kindergarten this year, but she has done very much the opposite. The staff has worked with her and she now enjoys having me sit in her room while she plays teacher and reads to me out of her books. My son is in second grade and loves his class. He hates being sick, because he knows he's going to miss school and has even tries to convinces us that he's well enough to go just so he can attend school. It is our goal to send all of three of my children to school through 8th grade.

Last modified Country Christian School, Inc. is a Private school that serves grades K-8