Elwin Elementary School 5

Posted April 17, 2014
very good school. Principle is great and will work hard for your kids. The teachers will also listen to you and do their best for you kids.

Posted September 21, 2013
I like the schools direction and emphasis on preparing for college. These are good students who need direction. The more positive influence and guidance they receive, the more better decisions they will make. The school has given them resources and materials to learn. Despite the budget issues, the school does care about their students and want each and everyone to succeed in life.

Posted August 28, 2013
For being a public school its got a small amount of students which is good because my daughter can have a more closer relationship with her teacher and in learning or getting the individule help she needs. They also have great teachers.

Elwin Elementary School 2

Posted March 12, 2012
The teachers are doing their best with what they are given, but the school programs have been cut back severely and the test scores are below that of others in our state. This school needs more after-school programs and an overhaul. The staff cares, but the budget just isn't cutting it. Also, look at the meaghan's law website for how many registered sex offenders live in the area. I think there was a gang-related shooting 1-2 years ago

Elwin Elementary School 1

Posted March 12, 2012
No school website. I've seen other schools put up the $10 a month for a website, and the teachers can provide information online for the parents. Why not do this? Come on - school is in the DARK AGES. Zero bully policy in place. My daughter admitted that the bullying started as early as the 3rd grade.

Posted January 14, 2008

Elwin Elementary School 5

Posted February 01, 2007

Posted October 11, 2005
My wife went, and now our kids go to this school. The plus of the school is that there are alot of young & newer teachers who have the energy to educate. Unlike alot of other schools with old teachers who are washed up and sick of teaching kids that they feel dont want to learn. Parent involvement is low, typical of hispanic neighborhoods, but at elwin there is a bit more than nearby DeAnza School. Still low by my eyes. The principal is new and very energetic and involved with the school. We are active parents and this has helped our kids academically along with good teachers. If we werent involved then it would make a difference, but not as bad as other elementaries in this type of community, such as Pomona, South El Monte, L.A.

Posted August 26, 2003
As a retired teacher, who just retired in June after 41 years of service to the BPUSD, I must say that the teaching staff is as dedicated as any that I have worked with in all the years that I taught.

Elwin Elementary School
13010 East Waco Street, Baldwin Park, CA  91706
Last modified Elwin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elwin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top